American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
So completely disappointed in AA. They recently have changed their rules and list flights as "economy". This more so is equivalent to Spirit air, in that everything is extra. So when you think you're getting a normal flight with a carry on, you're wrong. There's no price difference to entice the flyer, just now you have to pay to check your baggage, if you know, you decide to bring anything with.
The trips I’ve been on though American Airlines have all been relatively successful and I have never really experienced any major problems when using them so I would recommend them out of many other companies
American is one of those airlines that is so good because they usually have still affordable tickets with really good quality planes. I like that I get a good carry on and they’ll check bags if people have too many.
American Airlines is my go-to airline whenever I’m flying. There are so many flight options and I love that you can look at flights based on flexible days too. Great customer service and will always recommend
I have no complaints for this airline. Service was satisfactory the whole ride was pretty smooth. We got complimentary snacks. Not really any cons I can’t remember of any negative experience with this airline
Great experience. Had great leg room. I went international so we were provided pretty decent meals and snacks. We like to take American when whenever we go to visit our family. Customer service was excellent.
Living in Dallas for several years, it's inevitable you'll take an AA flight, since that is the airline's hub location. I've never had a problem with AA. The flight attendants are always friendly and the flights are typically on time/not delayed. Of course, no one can predict the weather, so delays *can* happen, but AA has always been great about notifying passengers of any flight impacts.
I have always been a delta or Alaska girl, but truth be told the last three times back to back I have had an issue with Alaska airlines. Delayed flights for two and one canceled flight. Ever since then I was like nope not anymore and now I'm booking flights through American. They've always been helpful when I travel by myself or with my two kids and you can't beat that kind of customer service.
It’s definitely affordable that’s without a doubt but the last couple times I’ve traveled with them the ride was a little bumpy! Not bad though, the stewardess was nice! I would probably fly with them again.
I’ve always had the worst experience with AA. Planes are super old and uncomfortable, and flight attendants are usually very rude (this is after flying at least four times with them.. had no choice). They cancelled one ticket once, and refused to refund me (the cancellation was on their part). I had to escalate this to get my money back, finally. I’d never travel with them if I could avoid it.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos