BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19975)
Jennifer F.
Ellsworth
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Boston to La Guardia. At boarding gate, suddenly American Airlines announced the flight is delayed from 12.00 to 2pm without any prior notice at check in or earlier. I booked for first class but then got downgrade if I want to go earlier flight at 1 pm. I have no choice and they told me there won't be any compensation. Only 1 staff working at the gate trying to fix this problem for the whole plane passenger. Very bad management and unacceptable problem solving.
Amy W.
DALLAS, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It’s a flight. They don’t have great service but I get a free cart on and on most flights a free drink and some pretzels. Also they are the cheapest flights from DFW to near my parents home in Alabama.
Taylor G.
I've always had great experiences flying American! Never anything bad.. Service is always great and have never had a problem while traveling. They're my go to airline because of the miles program as well.
Ninoska P.
I have been flying american for as long as i can remember. As an adult now I am constantly flying and 98% of the time is with american. They fly out of my local airport and tend to have sales from time to time. In recent years though it does seem like their service has changed and not much for the best. You still bump into very polite and helpful staff members both at the airports and the inflight crew who go well and beyond out of their way to help. But they do have a small percentage of employees who might have to read over the customer service manual. Another thing that I've noticed has not changed for the best is their frequent flyer program. It now literally takes FOREVER to reach the next tier.
While americans seem to be getting bigger American is making sure to make everyone feel uncomfortable by making their main cabin seats SMALLER! NOT A GOOD LOOK!
Rosario D.
Madison
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Customer service was good overall. I liked that they were able to accommodate me on the next available flight when I missed my flight.

The only downside is that the seats are very close to each other.
Joanna F.
Blue Bell, PA
Was the comoany that I made my last trip. Is a good company and great prices. I had a problem with my flight but they were very helpfull and explained very well. I will definetly travel again with them
Jennifer Z.
Joplin , MO
Used this company for my most recent traveling. Had no problem with customer service. I have used this company a few times and never had any problems. My favorite thing about this company is it's pricing.
Phoebe P.
San Diego, CA
I do not recommend this airline for long, cross country flights. The only good thing is that you can pick your seats ahead of time, but then again, most airlines allow you to do the same thing. The seats are small, barely any leg room, and the fabric upholstery retains a lot of odors. No personal TV in the plane I was in. On a stop over in Chicago, the staff forced me to check my carry on bag since the plane was so small, and when I got my luggage back, one of the wheels were broken clean off! Customer service told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks for me to get reimbursed for the damage. I didn't even bother following up. I avoid this airline every time I travel.
Christina L.
colorado springs
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Enjoyed the airlines and my experience. Found tickets to be pricey compared to competitors but you pay for the service you get. Sometimes better to pay a little extra to be comfortable when traveling.
Courtney D.
Carrollton , TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love American Airlines! I like to be able to take a carry on onboard and not have to pay for it. Free snacks and beverages and j love the new Tv's in the headrest so that I can see where I am going.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?