BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (20029)
Brenda S.
San Antonio , TX
American Airlines is always a pleasant experience. I know with some you usually experience a lot of delays but they are very precise with their flights and flying coach isn't always a bad experience there.
Kelsey M.
Patchogue, NY
Always have a million connections, and always late. But if you can get over that they are more affordable. I travel for work all the time so the credit card comes in handy as the miles are easy to use.
Lyndsey S.
Manchester , NH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Food is better than some other airlines and they do offer a decent selection. Staff is accommodating but not entirely friendly. They're not my first choice but I'd choose them over an airline like Spirit.
Britni S.
Chattanooga, TN
I paid for a budget flight, so it's exactly what I expected. Total travel time was 12 hours, with 10 of those hours being a flight from Dallas, TX to Anchorage, AK. They do not offer any free food products during the flight, but you can purchase some nuts, berries, and cheese for $9. I've flown with American in the past, so I packed some Poptarts to munch on. The seats leave much to be desired in coach. The seat itself is mediocre, but the space between rows is torture on a long flight. I'm a tall girl, so as soon as the person in front of me fully reclined, (seriously, dude? You had to recline ALL the way back? Come on...) I couldn't drop my tray without it hitting my knees. Overall, I saved $200 by booking with American, but during those 10 hours on the plane, I was regretting it. If you can afford to have a little wiggle room with the cost of your flight, check some other airlines.
Catherine C.
Chesterfield, VA
American is a great airline and always reliable. If they mess up your flight, their customer service takes care of it immediately. I use it very often and my favorite part is the nice flight attendants!
ANDREA C.
Miami to New York JFK. My experience with the American Airlines flight AA1048 (1 June 2017) was by far the worst experience I have had with any airline. Flight AA1048 was delayed over 4 hours (scheduled departure time was supposedly 3:30pm from Miami and arriving at JFK at 6:30pm), which resulted to my boyfriend and I not making our connecting flight to Sydney via Abu Dhabi. We ended up departing Miami airport at 7:30pm and arriving at JFK at 10:10pm at terminal 8. Our flight back home was scheduled to depart at 10:45pm at terminal 4 with Etihad Airlines. The staff at American Airlines (both at Miami and the JFK airport) had no concept of urgency, sensitivity or care to its passengers. Gate changes were made without clear announcements (D4 to D23) and passengers were not informed in a timely manner about reasons for the flight delay. Sporadic announcements were made when it was clear that passengers were becoming even more restless and agitated as their patience was being stretched beyond their capacity. One bit of information that was announced was that the plane was ready to leave however, the cabin crew was waiting for one flight attendant who was running late. This was actually ridiculous considering the flight was already late for 3 hours and she was still late. I do acknowledge that the pilot informed us in a timely manner the reasons for the further and ongoing delay, which was nice. Furthermore, I do also acknowledge his amazing pilot skills steering us through the crazy turbulence and landing the plane in such a smooth and gentle way. AA staff at JFK were rude, abrupt and showed no courtesy. After the plane landed, my boyfriend and I tried to get off the flight as soon as possible and when we managed to get through to the gate front desk, I spoke to a lady explaining to her that my boyfriend and I had a flight in 45min but she just brushed us off and said that since we didn't book the connecting flight with AA, there's nothing they can do. I asked her if it was possible if she could call the other terminal to notify them that we were on the way and she just said, "Nope we can't do that and there's no way and that we missed our flight considering the time involved with baggage claim". We asked her how to get to terminal 4 and what was the fastest way and she just advised "go up that way and follow the signs" in her monotone. She provided no equitable solution, not even extended a small kind gesture to appease our frustration as it was clear she did not understand the concept of customer service.
Caryn T.
OVERLAND PARK, KS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Our international flight back from Spain was with American. We had a nearly two hour delay without much communication from the airline, even as we sat at the gate. The food and in-flight service was good.
ⓔⓛⓢⓨ N.
Philadelphia
I thought it was quite relaxing not the best because of the sits. Favorite part was when we arrived. I don't usually use it but another thing I thought was awesome was that the customer service was good they had respect for their customers.
Tricia S.
Lorain, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have not had a good experience that past few times I have flown. One time I flew with them, I asked if a flight attendant could put my bag up (it wasn't heavy, I just wasn't able to on my own) She said if I was not able to than I should have checked it, I said I cant lift over my head due to a surgery. So when she started calling passengers, she called those with disabilities and pointed at me. I was in tears. Flight attendants refused to help, a passenger near me helped me and American did nothing about it when I emailed. Now I have a medical device and they try to make me check it when I have 3 carry ons, even though its listed on the website that I am allowed 2 carry ons and a medical device.
Samantha S.
The flights are usually on time, which is appreciated, and I never have issues finding flights. However, ticket prices can be pretty expensive, not even including baggage fees or cancellation fees, and influences my choice in airlines.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?