American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
The flights are usually on time, which is appreciated, and I never have issues finding flights. However, ticket prices can be pretty expensive, not even including baggage fees or cancellation fees, and influences my choice in airlines.
We had a 2 hour layover turn into an 8 hour layover. The service onboard was sufficient but the delay was hard to overcome. Would have been a better experience had the crew kept us more updated but I recognize that may not be their fault.
If I have the choice, I always fly American. I've had the fewest issues with delays/cancellations on their flights, and they have hubs in so many parts of the country. Their customer service is great too.
Lots of ways to gain status and get perks! Very very user friendly. Planes are clean and stewardesses are kind and helpful. The lounges at American are very nice and it’s not hard to be eligible to get in
Good service and the customer service is good but could be a little more proficient. We didn't have too many problems but did have to call and confirm a few things. Would fly with again and would recommend
American Airlines is just OK. The customer service is not where it should be. Other than that though the plane is clean in the ride is typically smooth. The only con would be the customer service is slow.
Our international flight back from Spain was with American. We had a nearly two hour delay without much communication from the airline, even as we sat at the gate. The food and in-flight service was good.
American tends to be the cheapest typically when I’m searching for flights. Good value. No complaints. Standard airline. I enjoyed our 6 hour flight to Seattle with the in flight locator and comfy chairs.
I paid for a budget flight, so it's exactly what I expected. Total travel time was 12 hours, with 10 of those hours being a flight from Dallas, TX to Anchorage, AK. They do not offer any free food products during the flight, but you can purchase some nuts, berries, and cheese for $9. I've flown with American in the past, so I packed some Poptarts to munch on. The seats leave much to be desired in coach. The seat itself is mediocre, but the space between rows is torture on a long flight. I'm a tall girl, so as soon as the person in front of me fully reclined, (seriously, dude? You had to recline ALL the way back? Come on...) I couldn't drop my tray without it hitting my knees. Overall, I saved $200 by booking with American, but during those 10 hours on the plane, I was regretting it. If you can afford to have a little wiggle room with the cost of your flight, check some other airlines.
Seats in coach are cramped and extremely uncomfortable. You can have a better experience on another airline for the same price. There was nothing particularly outstanding or worthwhile about this airline.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos