BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (20002)
Britney S.
Sierra Madre, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I really liked when I flew with American Airlines everything was very organized and they where very helpful. Our flight was delayed but they still managed to update us and make sure that we knew everything!! Highly recommend
Chelsea J.
Memphis, TN
Have always had a good experience on American. Great flight crews and an easy boarding and de-planing everywhere I have flown. Only run into small issues and most had to do with weather, so not much I can complain about here!
Taylor S.
Flown with them once. Got to my destination on time and was very comfortable the duration of the flight. Flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend to others looking to fly through American Airlines!
Natalia E.
South Miami, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Whenever possible, I prefer to fly American Airlines. Usually I do everything through the app and make my way straight to TSA. On the rare occasions I have had to use counter service, the American Airlines customer service people are generally kind and accommodating. As we all know air travel is not what it used to be, but American is as close to great as it gets!
Once on the plane the flight attendants are awesome! Food on board is limited and kind of boring.
Unfortunately my recent experience post Hurricane Irma, soured my view of American. We had planned to travel to St. Thomas but the island suffered terrible damage and will not be up and running in time for our trip. While American “graciously” allowed us to rebook to another location without charging us a fee, they didn’t refund the $200 difference between the two fares. That basically amounts to paying a penalty fee. It’s disappointing that American would not take into account the extraordinary circumstances in a natural disaster.
Lorna K.
Linwood, PA
My flights from Philly to Orlando and back are typically on time. The staff is nice, particularly if you are nice to them. Travel hint: flights tend to be booked, so if you're traveling to Disney and taking the Magical Express, check your carry-on for free at the gate and let Disney's bus service take it to your room for you. Jut don't forget your yellow tag.
Sara P.
American Airlines is a pretty basic/average airline. They should probably clean the planes more but definitely not as bad as United. Attendants are Always nice. So I don’t really have any complaints but just a basic airline.
Taylor R.
Taylors, SC
They have great customer service! The people ( including the pilot) were super friendly and seemed to enjoy their job and meeting the new people boarding the plane
Tammie W.
Stoughton, WI
My husband's mother who is dealing with the onset of memory problems needed help with a gate change at the ticket counter. My husband called ahead of time to make sure they had someone available to direct her to the correct gate. Remember what I said, onset of memory problems, not full blown dementia. She just needed someone to tell her which gate. The customer service rep that waited on him was rude, kept telling him she needed a wheelchair and was basically trying to cut him off the entire conversation. When she thought he hung up the phone, she was heard in the background saying: "AMERICAN AIRLINES, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE BABYSITTER AIRLINES".. It has been reported but, this has been enough for me to avoid this airline like the plague. I hope that horrible woman has her bad juju returned to her in spades. To top it off, what a way to represent the United States!!! My mother in law is from overseas, she did not need this flippant, cruel backlash for just asking for a help.
Audrey K.
Dallas, TX
Love using American I have points built up from years and years of flights with them! I don't love how flights can sometimes. We delayed more often than other airlines it feels like. But love the friendly people at American!
Trisha M.
Berne, IN
The staff of American Airlines is professional and courteous. They were quick to come to my aid when I had a crying child, and they were very accessible from all areas of the plane. Very smooth take off, flight, and landing.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?