BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19915)
Mallory W.
prairieville, LA
I used this airline when flying from Charlotte, NC to Heathrow (London), England. It was roomy, comfortable, and there were screens on the head rest in front of the seat you’re sitting in. They had a very large selection of movies, music, and television shows as well as a very convenient swipe-slot for a credit card so you can pay for anything you want very easily. Other airlines, you may have to give your card to the stewardess which is a hassle and may result in your card being lost or broke. Recommend!!
Kari
I've traveled a lot for work. This is one airline I'd never use again. I had to use them just once when I almost always use Delta and never again. For whatever reason they had an airline attendant at the security gate forcing people to check rollaboards that they felt weren't the right size. They would not let you in the security line until you checked it. I have Pre-check and the attendant felt my bag was too wide and wouldn't let me in the security line! It is a blue fabric samsonite carryon. It's thinner and shorter than a traditional carryon but maybe an inch or two wider. Fits in overhead bins with no problem. I use it for weekend trips since its smaller than my travel pro carryon and more compact. He not only did this to me but several people behind me who were also frequent travelers and regularly travel with their same bag without problems. On top of that my flight was delayed so I would have to stay the night in NYC at their expense but without access to my luggage since that man was forcing me to check it. This was at Boston-Logan. After I checked my bag I went back to the security line only to see a new attendant who was barely looking at bags. Never again will I fly them. This employee was an idiot having a power trip.
Michele P.
Aneta, ND
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
As a child, this airline was the one we used most because it was the best. Now? I’ll not be using them again. First horrible experience was a few years ago when my husband and I were not informed of flight changes. We missed out on spending NYE with family, instead, we rang in the New Year driving to the airport! When we arrived there, we were told that our flights had been changed to a later time the next day. We spent the night in the airport and swore never to fly with them again. Sadly, I had forgotten about this and flew to NYC a week ago. On my flight back, we spent over three hours on the tarmac. I missed my connecting flight and had to spend the night in the airport again, this time, alone. In order for me to not miss another day of work, my husband booked another flight taking me totally out of my way. I was also promised that my luggage would follow me...it didn’t and I wound up getting it the next day. A trip that should’ve taken 5 hours took 30 hours....never. again!
Sophia D.
West Palm Bch, FL
I went to school thousands of miles from home so for four years I flew back and forth up and down the coast. I have had good and bad experiences with American Airlines, just like I would any other airline. I am now in a long distance relationship and I always fly American and for almost two years I have had perfect experiences with this airline. I want to mention a time I encountered with this airline. I was flying from Miami to Managua and I ended up boarding the plane, sitting on it for two hours and then deplaning, my flight got moved to the next day but I had to sleep in the airport. The next morning I boarded that plane, just to deplane again. Finally, twenty four hours later I got on another plane that took off and it was a very very frustrating process. American Airlines gave me 15,000 miles to my frequent flyer account and sent a long apology for what happened. I didn't even have to reach out to them and they showed that they cared and I was really impressed by that.
REI T.
Never had any actual problems with this company. I would say that for local travels it is pretty nice. The only thing I didn’t enjoy is their ticket exchange policy. You have to pay around $200 to switch to a different ticket. And they will not return the ticket - only can offer a “store credit”. But sometimes it’s less expensive to simply buy a new ticket.
Mayra L.
Arroyo Grande, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This company has the worst customer service! I paid and booked a flight for round trip flight for my kids, husband and both my parents. They were already one of the most expensive flights going out of LAX but chose them as it was non-stop flight. Not only did they double charge me... OVER $8,000 was taken out of my account and right before the trip mind you but they also denied double charging me. They were absolutely rude and acted as if I was trying to get a free flight. On top of that they wouldn’t refund me unless I cancelled my flight and paid the cancellation fees which I didn’t want to do because our hotels were also already booked and paid for. After fighting them for over a MONTH my bank finally had to step in fax them over proof of double charging and it still took them 2 weeks after that to refund me the money. They ended up sending me an apology letter along with $100 on board credit for each passenger but I will never be using this airline ever again.
Tess M.
Orlando
I flew American at least once a month for about a year and never had any major problems. Other than the typical problems like delays, American has been a very reliable, affordable airline for me. As far as customer service goes, I’ve only had a couple problems. One flight, I paid for WiFi to get some work done and it never let me connect. I was flying with a group and we had problems checking in and getting one persons ticket. Overall, I would recommend American Airlines to friends and family.
Sandra H.
Yarmouth Port
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Older planes in their fleet are disappointing. I took longer flights on planes that made me feel I went back in time by at least 15 years. Flying an 8.5 hour flight was horrible in the older style plane. Flight Attendants were nice though. Their main hub at Fort Worth/ Dallas is a pretty good airport. Probably would never fly them again unless it was effective economically for me as the consumer, but even with that, it would have to be drastically cheaper than other competitors.
Elisabeth K.
Bass Lake
For being one of the largest airlines, I was a little disappointed on how outdated a few of their flights were. On a 7 hour flight, the entertainment was lacking (couldn’t see the movie and there wasn’t enough headphones for everyone) and there wasn’t any WiFi to play games or watch movies on your device which made for a long flight even longer. Luckily I had a few books to catch up on so It didn’t bother me much, but my husband felt different than I did. What gives this company a saving grace the next flight we took on our way home. This flight made up for every bit of the flight before’s lack of entertainment. The plane on the way home was brand new with beautiful interior and it had games built into the back of the seat and each person could watch a movie of their choice. It made the flight so much easier and more enjoyable. The attendants were great on each flight we have taken with this company. We will use them again in the future.
Emma M.
Alexandria
Amazing company, thorough branding; truly the epitome of professionalism and sophistication in the world of commercial aviation. In a customer service oriented company staffed by over 125,00 employees and the opportunity to travel to over 300 destinations, American Airlines is truly in its own tier of market. No other commercial airline can compare to this outstanding company!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?