American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,956 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
They have plenty of flights if you miss yours (for whatever reason), but they need to improve their security check lines to go faster and be more efficient. Also, you have to pay extra attention if they announce a change in terminals because it’s hard to hear sometimes.
What I like about it is that it is comfortable. The staff is friendly. I enjoy the movies that they play. I don't travel a lot, but when I do I use this airline. They make the process so easy. I have never lost a luggage, so I know they take care of me when I fly.
My last trip on American was a disaster! Due to cancelled and delayed flights, my trip with a pet ended up lasting 18 hours. Not an exaggeration. Their customer service didn't seem to care about my trip. I was very unsatisfied and haven't booked a flight with them since.
Not the best out of all the ones I have used before. They did have great food when I was younger but now they don't give your more then just a drink and mini chips. I don't about the longer flights because I usually go to the same destination which is Dominican Republic.
I really love this airline it was calm and peaceful . some pros are that they give you good service the cons are that they arent that much good movies . I use this for my flights . My favorite part is the drinks . I would recommend to my friends because it is amaizing !
Honestly to me airlines are a dime a dozen. Most have pros and cons. American closed their hub nearest to me, so I do not fly them often anymore, but I would chose them if the flight time and fare was what I was looking for. I can’t recall having any terrible experiences.
Very sweet and willing to work with you. If it’s overbooked they’ll offer to put some passengers stuff under the plane. Offers complimentary snacks and drinks, and very good with animals. They give me no grief with taking my emotional support dog, every time I take her.
I really like this airline because I experienced good service and no plane delays. They give out snacks and drinks even in short plane rides which is always a plus. Only con would be that its pretty small compared to other planes but the overall experience was good.
American has had some of the most affordable flights out of Fort Lauderdale. You still get to take 2 carryons, however are required to pay for checked luggage. I've used them for 4 different flights within the past year and have had nothing but good experiences with them.
We LOVE flying American - it's our airline of choice. Our bags are always on time and never lost, seats have plenty of room, all of the workers on board have been sweet and helpful, and the planes are clean. We will ALWAYS only fly American if we can help it.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos