American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,933 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Such an amazing experience!! Truly!! The people on the plain and inside the airport... all so friendly and helpful. Even flying with my three little ones 10weeks 2years and 4years wasn’t bad at all. We will definitely fly with them again. I highly recommend this air line.
I flew to Costa Rica with American Airlines. It was OK. Not my favorite, but not the worst. I did have a problem with some luggage, but that may have been more so the airport, than the airline.
In my mind, this is a middle of the road airline. Rate of delays are about average, economy class is cramped and outdated, but not any moreso than other big American airlines. I typically pick American for the price. I like their prices for travel between American cities.
American Airlines allows the traveler the freedom to pick a route that works best with their schedule. Lots of options of destinations and routes. Their baggage fees are way too pricey, but they almost always check carry on bags at the gate so it is hardly ever a problem.
I really enjoy American Airlines, always really friendly flight attendants that are more than willing to accommodate my needs. I am a AAdvantage member and have built a lot of miles so I'm happy to use AA for all my work/leisure travel needs.
American Airlines has lost my luggage so many times. The planes are super basic. They never are accommodating. They over book their flights. They have a lot of flight options but I'd never recommend them to anybody unless the flight was so cheap you couldn't help but take advantage of the deal.
It was an alright experience. I sat in the back and by the time they got to me they had ran out of food..I was starving and the flight was 5 hours. Straight through lunch time. All I got was cookies. We also boarded 30 min late. Other than that it was a good experience.
I recently flew domestic Chicago to Louisiana. I had a horrible experience. First of all the flight was delayed for over four hours and customer service was just plain rude when we asked for updates. Snacks were the bare minimum! I do not think I will be flying AA again.
Generally speaking I always tend to be a little underwhelmed when it comes to AA. They seem to always be making things smaller and trying to tack on fees where they can. I just think that there are better airlines for the money. I only use AA if I absolutely must.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos