BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19998)
cindy r.
Lenexa, KS
My experience with this airline has always been pleasant, there was even a flight that we were already in the air and the plane suffered a damage in which we had to land right away and for this case I was presented with another ticket for the annoyances and fright caused
Lia G.
Very bad airline. I hate traveling with them. Flights are always delayed or cancelled. Also, traveling through Miami's airport is the worst thing ever. People are rude and it's always extremelly crowded. This airline does not keep good standards and I avoid it everytime I can.
Jacqueline T.
Canton
I took a flight to Barcelona Spain on this airline. It was decent but could have been better. Pros had movies available to watch. Cons food was not the greatest. I was on this flight for 13 hours both there and home. I would probably take a different airline next time
Chris C.
San Diego, CA
I have been a loyal American Airlines frequent flyer for a number of years now. I fly cross country about 6 times a year for work, and although there are other airlines that fly direct, I've kept my loyalty. Flight attendants are always great - I've never had an issue. But, the last 3-4 times I've flown for work I've had some sort of issue where they've changed my seat, canceled a flight, forced me to check bag when carry-on is within the limit, wifi doesn't work, or a rude gate agent. These are not major issues, and can happen with any airline, but the issues have become more consistent. Also, ever since the merger with US Air, you have so many people who get priority boarding or are elite, that upgrades are pretty much impossible at my level of activity. With inconvenient flight options, and lack of elite benefits because of the influx of elite flyers, it's made me question if it's worth sticking with the airline. They do have a bunch of new planes, are now starting to rollout free entertainment, and the international miles program is decent, so I'm sticking with them for now, but hope they can improve the issue areas.
Marika R.
Gardner, MA
If flown American Airlines a few times and I've never had any problems from the time I check my bag to when I get to my destination. I am short so leg room is always fine for me but I can't speak for anyone tall. Flight attendants are super nice, but wifi is expensive.
Nahal C.
Tarzana, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
As a child, my family and I only traveled with american airlines. It was so comfy and they had a lot of cool amenities for kids, like little backpacks and packs of cards. They had great customer service. All else might have gone away over the years, but they still have good customer service.
Morgan O.
American Airlines is a good airline to use, they are reliable andeilk take care of their customers if something goes wrong on their end. The seats are squished but that is to be expected on any aircraft. Tray tables are a nice size so you are actually able to do work on it
elizabeth b.
I always have an issue with my carry on. it's always fine when i go somewhere but coming back its always a problem. but staff is nice. nice airplanes very modern. I didn't have to pay and watch movies. seats are a bit wider or the leg room is better. I would fly with them anytime.
Kaylee P.
I feel as if I can never go wrong when flying American Airlines. Everyone is so sweet and is really there to help out. I usually turn to American when flying to and from school. My favorite part is without a doubt the snack and drinks that are included on the flights.
Kenya J.
Cape Coral, FL
American Airlines is an amazing company! The plane is spacious and great. But I've looked up their records and seems like they have had plane crashes and that really scares me so I barely go on their anymore. But my experiences were amazing with them.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?