American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines was extremely helpful when my flight to Houston TX was cancelled. I was originally flying with another airline and after 5 hours of waiting, my flight was cancelled. American Airlines had me on a flight the next morning with a window seat and no one beside me.
Every experience is different but I think my consensus is that AA is okay. Not fantastic...but they get me from point A to point B safely so I guess that's all that's important. I have never been bumped from a flight which is fantastic. I guess I just wish they were friendlier.
i like american airlines. the staff is always very pleasant and easy to work with. in my personal experience i always have to make a connecting flight when i take american and i almost always miss it and end up running through the airport. but they have good prices most times
I dont have any serious complaints. Flights were fine and service was ok. The only issue I had was with refunds on cancelled flights. We had an emergency and wasn’t able to take a flight and they only gave us airline credit we had to use within a year, and there was some sort of penalty on top of that. Not great.
On my recent trip to Europe, my family and I flew first class on this airline. They are so nice and accommodating! I don’t eat certain foods that were on the menu and they were able to make me a custom dish. So sweet and thoughtful! Can’t wait for my next adventure with them!
I really liked our flights on American Airlines. The customer service was great, the plane had screens for all people to watch and there was enough space to sit comfortably. I would certainly book through this airline again and would recommend it to others as well.
I flew with American Airlines once, and the hosts were kind of rude. I don’t think they care much about customer Service as long as they get their work done. I also called them to ask about complimentary hotels because of a long transit wait time. People on the phone were rude.
I've honestly have never had an issue on AA. I prefer their snack options to United Airlines, but still wish for more healthier options. On flights longer than 3 hours, the TV should be free. Also, why does it take so much to get to platinum. It's a bit unrealistic.
I flew American Airlines roundtrip one time, and have never used them since. I had an unpleasant experience with them, from lost luggage to broken planes. I didn't feel confident or comfortable with the reliability of the staff or planes, so I will now choose other airlines over this one.
It's to bad that many of the US airlines have merged, leaving few options. Seat charges, carry-on charges and all sorts of other charges really add up and the flying experience is more of a hassle. Better look for another airline, especially with the multitude of delays.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos