American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,920 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Although it's not the most reliable airline we've ever used, it generally gets the job done and gets us where we need to go. We can usually find a decent number of flights out of our local airport, but not many of them are direct, so we usually end up with a layover somewhere.
On my recent trip to Europe, my family and I flew first class on this airline. They are so nice and accommodating! I don’t eat certain foods that were on the menu and they were able to make me a custom dish. So sweet and thoughtful! Can’t wait for my next adventure with them!
American airline is one of my hit yo airlines simply because I've used them frequently and because I have family and friends who work for the company. Customer service continues to decline. From gate agent to flight crew there seems to be an ongoing lack of care for customers.
My husband and I have flown AA multiple times and always receive good service. The flight attendants are always very nice. Further, the flight times were ideal for our schedule-- not too too early, but they allow you to get full days. I would recommend them in the future.
It's to bad that many of the US airlines have merged, leaving few options. Seat charges, carry-on charges and all sorts of other charges really add up and the flying experience is more of a hassle. Better look for another airline, especially with the multitude of delays.
Airlines are tricky because you have a different experience every single time. American Airlines is one that I take pretty often. Compared to other airlines they have great prices. Smaller seats and they measure all the bags you bring on board which they are very picky about.
I have flown both domestically and internationally with AA and have always had a great experience. I'd say I fly with them 3-5 times per year. Customer service is always great. Sometimes there are flight delays but that's the same with any other airline. I usually fly AA or United.
I have had nothing but great experiences on American Airlines, I will definitely fly this flight again, in general airline tickets vary and I don't think my ticket was overpriced, but overall I purchased the ticket ahead of time so I did not have any last minute prices.
American Airlines provide great service and are usually on time. Slight delays, and not having enough food for first class passengers on various occasions limit me from giving a full 5-Star rating. Outside of that, it is usually an awesome experience with competitive pricing.
I've only flown short trip on this airline and then not very often. If I do fly to the next door state or even within my own state I usually fly with who ever is offering the best deal. AAC is basically average, no better nor worse than other airlines I've used on short trips.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos