American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,958 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I kinda just though hmm needs some updates to planes and in flight technology it's affordable but not great on customer service I only fly if no others are available not really my first choice but I see potential
It's ok .. my first flight was on this airline and it wasn't a great experience. We missed our connecting flight home due to the plane sitting on the runway for an hour . The airline did not accommodate us we had to pay for our own hotel because all flights were suspended due to weather.
I have no bad reviews on American airline, I've only flown a handful of times and majority of the time it was through AA. The people with AA we're always welcoming, friendly, and offered a helping hand (traveling with a newborn wasn't easy!) No issues for me I would for sure recommend AA!
I used to remember flying AA and never really having an issue but I think over time they’ve lost quality in all different aspects such as customer service and cleanliness. I definitely wouldn’t recommend flying AA unless you wanna sit in an uncomfy chair and find gum stuck on your window
I wasn’t a big fan of this airlines. The flight attendants made everyone believe one of the bathrooms was out of order but were actually using it for themselves even though the flight was packed and their were lines for the restroom. I wasn’t comfortable and didn’t enjoy it to be honest.
Always great service and comfort! On longer trips they have the best movie selection which is perfect for a film major like me! The air is amazing I often get motion sick and if I’m too hot it makes things worse but they always have everything in place to make it a comfortable experience!
I have not had any problems with American. Every friendly, great customer service. My last experience wasn't the greatest but it had nothing to do with the crew. It had everything to do with the lady sitting next to me. Also they fed us well. All in all a good experience with this airline.
American Airlines is great for me since the flights from Hawaii to Omaha and back are more afordable compared to other airlines. The seats however are very cramped in the bigger planes and there is not a lot of overhead storage. Fortunately they do offer free check in for carry ons.
This is probably the most reliable airline I’ve flown. I’ve never had a flat out terrible experience with them. Service is always decent and the flights are usually on time or very close, at least in my experience. I’m not a fan of the new “basic economy” class that they have added though.
I actually had a bad experience with American Airlines about two years ago. My flight was first delayed then cancelled and I had to spend an extra day in Iowa. Thank goodness at the time I had friends that lived there but ever since then I have decided never to fly American Airlines again.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos