American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,920 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I can't say anything really great about American Airlines, but I can't really say anything negative either. When I needed to hop on a plane for my granddaughter's birth they had the lowest price and the experience was good. I typically don't use them - only because their prices are usually higher.
I don't typically fly on American Airlines. I haven't had a bad experience with them, but I have had better experiences with other flights. I feel like the few times I have flown American Airlines, the seats have been really close to the seats in front of me and the customer service is just alright.
It's an ok airline. I mean almost all airlines are about the same. There are the you get what you pay for airlines and the rest are lumped into the just airline category. Nothing special about American. But to be fair I choose the best price for the destination and availability. If they fit I book.
My experience with this airline is pretty neutral. I flew with them around South America but didn't care much about their services. It didn't feel as an extraordinary experience or whatsoever. I would recommend it if it's within the person's price range but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.
wasn't the best, it does not even compare to virgin airlines and that has been by far the best flight I have ever been on. They make our travel experience horrible and security with everything else we have to deal with. Not to mention the uncomfortable seats, old planes and just nothing to look forward to.
Flying has become such a hassle. TSA is horrible and most airlines have become insanely expensive. AA is probably the last airline that hasn't lost its touch. They still offer a complimentary drink and sometimes a snack.
American Airlines overall is okay to fly. I feel like their prices are always double everyone else's airlines. I have their credit card and quite frankly don't see much of an advantage. Some planes are old and don't even have charging ports for your phone. Overall I fly them only when I use points.
It's a mixed bag with American. It depends on the airport and the crew you get. It also depends on the plane, they are updating their planes, but when you get one of the old ones, they are truly terrible. I just want them to all get on the same page so that it's not a toss up when I am buying my ticket.
American airlines is a great airline to get from point a to point B. I don't fly American as often, I haven't found too many affordable deals. However, many of my family members frequently use American and are satisfied!
I only fly American Airlines. I wish I flew more often, but in the past when I have flown I've always had great experiences. I used to fly very often around 3 years ago. The only down side is the checked bag policy. I would definitely fly with them again.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos