BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19920)
Angie M.
Houston , TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I can't say anything really great about American Airlines, but I can't really say anything negative either.  When I needed to hop on a plane for my granddaughter's birth they had the lowest price and the experience was good.  I typically don't use them - only because their prices are usually higher.
Sarina A.
Saratoga Spgs, UT
I don't typically fly on American Airlines. I haven't had a bad experience with them, but I have had better experiences with other flights. I feel like the few times I have flown American Airlines, the seats have been really close to the seats in front of me and the customer service is just alright.
WeAre T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It's an ok airline. I mean almost all airlines are about the same. There are the you get what you pay for airlines and the rest are lumped into the just airline category. Nothing special about American. But to be fair I choose the best price for the destination and availability. If they fit I book.
Sarah P.
My experience with this airline is pretty neutral. I flew with them around South America but didn't care much about their services. It didn't feel as an extraordinary experience or whatsoever. I would recommend it if it's within the person's price range but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.
Angelia C.
PENSACOLA, FL
wasn't the best, it does not even compare to virgin airlines and that has been by far the best flight I have ever been on. They make our travel experience horrible and security with everything else we have to deal with. Not to mention the uncomfortable seats, old planes and just nothing to look forward to.
Pamela W.
San Diego , CA
Flying has become such a hassle. TSA is horrible and most airlines have become insanely expensive. AA is probably the last airline that hasn't lost its touch. They still offer a complimentary drink and sometimes a snack.
JB B.
Renton, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines overall is okay to fly. I feel like their prices are always double everyone else's airlines. I have their credit card and quite frankly don't see much of an advantage. Some planes are old and don't even have charging ports for your phone. Overall I fly them only when I use points.
Jessica H.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It's a mixed bag with American. It depends on the airport and the crew you get. It also depends on the plane, they are updating their planes, but when you get one of the old ones, they are truly terrible. I just want them to all get on the same page so that it's not a toss up when I am buying my ticket.
Christina S.
San Marcos , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American airlines is a great airline to get from point a to point B. I don't fly American as often, I haven't found too many affordable deals. However, many of my family members frequently use American and are satisfied!
Michelle L.
I only fly American Airlines. I wish I flew more often, but in the past when I have flown I've always had great experiences. I used to fly very often around 3 years ago. The only down side is the checked bag policy. I would definitely fly with them again.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?