American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,973 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
Basic economy tickets only get their 1 personal item. They are charged for the 1 bag allowed in the overhead compartment, and everyone except their "gold star" customers are charged $25 a bag for any checked baggage. The service in flight isn't bad, but all the extra costs make it hard to give 5 stars.
They were the first flight I have ever flown with, and it's always a smooth ride to and from. Never really seem to hit much turbulence, which is always nice. I can fall asleep right away. And the customer service is amazing.
My experience right here was kind of bittersweet, cause fly was delayed and i had to spend the night at the airport, but they give me some rewards for the bother so, maybe later i may come back, i only used it once
I know AA can be a bit more expensive than other airlines, but if you buy your tickets early enough, you'll get them at a very affordable price. The seats on the plane are soo comfortable and there's plenty of space for your feet. The service is nice, and I always have a good experience with the airline!
I fly a lot since I have family in three different countries. My last flight was to Spain and a flew with American Airlines. I had a problem with my carryon not fitting on top of my sit but the flight attendants were very nice about it and found me a place to put my carryon. The food was nice too.
I used American Airlines when I moved to Europe. For the international travel bag expenses I feel like they could've been a little bit better because you spend a lot of money on the airfare. The food was good. I also like that they offer the chance to upgrade when you check in at the airport kiosk.
I have flown this airline more than any of the others, however I do not prefer American. They usually have some better times available them other airlines. I have missed several connecting flights because of delays, or leaving too late or plan troubles. These experiences ended in being a day late to places and sleeping in airports
I only fly American Airlines. I wish I flew more often, but in the past when I have flown I've always had great experiences. I used to fly very often around 3 years ago. The only down side is the checked bag policy. I would definitely fly with them again.
I have flown with American four times in the last year and booked six flights with them for my Significant Other in the last 12 months. I have never had a problem. Employees were helpful and always willing to answer questions. No luggage has been lost and it has been handled carefully. Very pleased.
This is a close second in the running for my favorite airline. It's peacefully not as crowded, competitively priced, and takes decent, basic, unobtrusive care of it's passengers. I have always felt safe on American Airlines flights and cannot recall ever having any unusual delays with their service.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos