American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I took a vacation to New York and couple summers ago with American Airlines. Even though the flight was only a few hours, the attendants were very friendly and did a great job serving us and making us feel welcome. I would definitely fly with them again.
I find AA to be very average. Unfortunately poor service is the going norm in the airline industry these days. The stewards are indifferent. The gate people could care less. But sadly this is how it is for most airlines. So like I said. They are average.
American Airlines is alright. Nothing to write home about. They purposefully overbook flights and say that there are no more seats but there are ACTUALLY five seats because the plane was never really overbooked. At least I’ve never lost my luggage though
I have become more and more unimpressed. They gutted their frequent-flier program not long ago. The service lately online hasn’t been great and the phone waits have increased. I have been a platinum and executive platinum member for the last 6 years but will no longer be this year as I switched loyalty. They are also the worst airline in responding to food allergies which admittedly I didn’t pay attention to until we discovered my son had a peanut allergy. So we avoid them now for many reasons
I know that air travel is frustrating for everyone at times but, these people have a thankless job and for every unpleasant interaction, I've had dozens of over the top- going way above and beyond experiences. I love flying and I love American Airlines
I enjoyed flying with AA. The employees were very kind and helpful. The food was great. The only thing is that their fleet of planes are outdated. I got lucky about the seating and I got 3 seats in a row just for me. I wish I could always fly like this.
Every time I have flown American my experience has been great. The last time was from Chicago to Salt Lake City. I have anxiety and started to have a panic attack on the plane before we even left the gate. Traveling alone made it worse, and I ran to the front where the door was still opened and a flight attendant allowed me to stand there with the fresh air and cry until i felt better. She even cried with me a little. It was very sweet, and she continued to check on me during the flight.
We have had our flights changed the day before our flight. This caused us to have to fly into another airport and take a car service to our car in another city. They also wanted to charge us extra to sit near each other. Not thrilled with this airline.
American Airlines is an excellent airline. Always on the care of the passengers. Their costumer service is incredible. Ther planes are always in a good condiction. I wouldnt change anything about them. Traveling with them is the best smart choice
Very good domestic airline ..i don't have much complaints with them.I use them at least 3 times a year good customer service nice stewards and stewardesses. I like the general safety i feel with them when flying and i would recommend this airline!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos