BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19956)
Alani B.
Farmville, VA
I've only had great experiences with American Airlines. Besides a few flight delays (which are not the airline's fault all the time), I've been faced with positive attitudes from the flight attendants, as well as the pilots. The attendants make sure that you are comfortable and always provide the best overall service compared to other airlines I've flown with.
Terry g.
Fort Riley, KS
AA is a hit or miss.one AA I took to Dallas to killeen the plane was Amazing , A.C. was great , flight attends good and plane seemed newer. on  the way back it seemed like maybe an older model or I don't know the plane didn't have the same features like a touchscreen tv , a.c. was def.not working to well and the people just not professional.not a big fan of AA.
Dominique H.
new york
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I think they are a good airline and never really had any bad experiences with seating or the actual flight, it’s more a matter of pricing that just doesn’t seem to be in a good range compared to other airlines flying to the same destinations. One upside, is that they are part of OneWorld Alliance so you can group your points towards their other airline brands.
Lauren H.
My experience was very great. I had awesome costumer service and everyone was very nice and polite. I even got upgraded to first class for free. It was an good experience and I have flown again! It is slightly more expensive, but if you're traveling across the ocean I suggest going business or first. Get tickets early, because the price goes up significantly.
Jeyo R.
Garden Grove, CA
American Airlines is great for its price, but you pay for what you get. I've been on other airlines before that used to let your check in one piece of luggage for free. For American Airlines, you have to pay a fee. There are even "premium" seats that are basically seats with a few more inches of leg room for a few more dollars, definitely not worth it though.
Nile Z.
Monrovia, CA
I love flying American Airlines when I go to visit my son in Texas. First off since they are based in Texas I find their prices to be cheaper than Southwest. Although they do not offer free luggage like Southwest, I do enjoy the comfortable seats, & the entertainment provided. I watched a movie, played games, & listened to music so the flight seemed very fast.
Savannah R.
I've flown with American Airlines multiple times, and my experiences have varied from great to not so good. I would give the airlines a 3.5, but I'm rounding up to 4 stars. I can't say anything that has stood out for me with the airlines; they're better than the worst, but not exceptional.
Crys B.
Saint Johns, FL
Customer service wasn't stellar.  Just a lot of frustration and negativity from the staff and, therefore, the customer - me. A lot of frustration with my carry on luggage. Need to re-do regulations on sz/amt as others were taking up too much space. I had to, therefore, at the last minute check my carry on -- on an overseas flight! I was NOT happy.
Bin P.
Orlando, FL
Its not great or amazing, but its affordable and we have the miles so its convenient, but I wouldn't get out of my way to recommend this airline to someone. The seat space is not as bad as european airlines such as klm and lufthansa. So its pretty much ok
Sarah B.
Goodlettsvlle, TN
American Airlines is typically affordable. We use them if they are the best deal and we do not have to fly for too long. We have had small issues with them before, such as not giving us proper customs paperwork on the plane with a short layover time to get it filled out upon arrival. Overall a decent airline to fly. Nothing fancy, but you get what you pay for.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?