BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19937)
Tatum M.
Knoxville, TN
For a few years, I would travel back and forth from Nashville and to Port-au-Prince, Haiti at least once a year. Not only was American Airlines the most convenient to fly, but every single time I flew with them I was incredibly satisfied by ever aspect of the journey. Also, I am an incredibly sociable person and love to talk to new people and was so excited that on many of the flights the Flight Attendants were the same and were so friendly and caring. Whenever I fly now, no matter where it may be, I also attempt to fly American.
Emma S.
Palos Heights
I flew from Chicago-LA-Sydney and the flight was very long, but went as well as possible. In particular for the 14 hour flight from LA to Sydney, the plane was well equipped with meals, snacks, and blankets. All the flight attendants were friendly and kept the plane clean. Overall a great flight, which is saying something considering how long we were all cooped up together on that plane!
Daphne K.
Starkville, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have flown with them multiple times and will be flying with them again soon. My only true complaint on the pricing is that you book your ticket and they claim it is one price, but then in most cases you mist buy your seat additionally. So even though i booked a flight at a "flat rate" i had to then pay additionally for my seat (even though i was in coach and had chosen nothing fancy or extra).
Tessa L.
Amarillo, TX
I travelled to Bolivia through American Airlines and loved my experience. My flight was seamless and my baggage arrived in the condition that I left it. Not to mention that on an international flight, I would have died without entertainment; we watched Oz and it was badass!
Jennifer P.
A decent air line. Only flew in a plane a few times so only giving a neutral rating. I didn't have any issues and my flight was on time both ways. The staff was very friendly and didn't give me any issues. Answered any questions that I had appropriately.
Priya M.
Burlington, MA
American Airlines was great. There was nothing to really complain about. I think with a lot of airlines, you have your good days and your bad so complaining due to a delay or back up seems a little unfair. I guess the only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I've never really had an extraordinary experience with American Airlines with service to really make it my go to airline!
Nicole F.
Madison, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew American Airlines when I traveled to Italy for studying abroad. The flight attendants were all really nice and accommodated all passengers. The seats were somewhat spacious for an international flight, which is perfect for sleeping or stretching your legs since you're flying for hours and hours. They offer TV and movies too, so you don't have to twiddle your thumbs the whole way.
Betsy S.
Philadelphia, p.a
I take american airlines. It isn't the most comfortable way to fly and they don't provide free tv. Unlike other airlines you do not get your own can drink or bottle of water they actually open the beverage and split it in half for you and another passenger who might have asked for the same drink. Wouldn't recommend this airline unless you have to take it cause you have no other choice.
Victoria R.
Garland, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This airline is great on ticket pricing and accommodations if you miss your connecting flight but I don’t like the fact that they don’t make an effort to try and let people board the plane from a connecting flight when they are still in port. I also didn’t like how some pilots land the plane very hard. This isn’t an airline I would highly recommend unless you’re needing a cheap flight.
Tiffany B.
I always try to fly american for the miles. It is usually affordable for the destinations I need. I avoid the luggage fee by carrying one small roller bag for the overhead compartment and a backpack which goes under the seat in front of me. I am usually satisfied when I travel with this airline.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?