BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Melissa C.
Raleigh, NC
If I could afford Virgin Airlines, I'd use it. American is more of a no frills airline. They have good routes and lots of flights so that's a plus but they also have luggage fees, uncomfortable seats and no movies so there's that. Overall, it depends on how long your flight is. Short flight- use them. Long flight- can you afford a nicer airline?
Melissa G.
Dallas, TX
American Airlines always is a great choice! They go everywhere and never seem to let you down. The AAdvantage program racks up points quickly and I can book award travel easily online! The baggage policy is fair and I just feel like the staff on American is more professional then so many other airlines. I just took American to St. Maarten and they always start my trips off right.
Brittany S.
Round O, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have found American Airlines to be pretty undepenable. I’ve flown various carriers and after my last attempt to fly American I never will book with them again! Delayed for hours, to finally end up cancelled and weeks to refund!! I missed my brothers wedding! Very disappointing!
Robin G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We recently flew with American Airlines from Maui to San Jose.  We were supposed to fly with them to Maui, but our flight was cancelled only 2 hours before and they wanted us to drive 3+ hours to another airport.  Luckily we worked something out with another airline.  On the flight home, we saw a striking difference in the way we were treated from the first airline, compared to American.  Everyone was much less pleasant with American Airline and we were treated like a bother.  Definitely not my favorite way to travel.
Jazzy L.
Kailua, HI
Flew with this airline a couple times. Unfortunately for super long flights. The handling of baggage was absolutely horrible. I was with a big group, there were dents on all suitcases & my Aunties stroller had two wheels missing as did some of our luggage.
I know it’s apart of loading the plane that they throw your luggage BUT they were FLYING the luggage. It didn’t matter what size, what ever came first went on the bottom of those carts. There was no respect for people’s things.
Jamie R.
I've flown AA more times than I can count. While there's definitely a lot of things they charge for that other airlines don't (picking a seat, for example), the reliability is hard to match up. I've only ever had one flight delayed, and it was the airport's fault because a tower was having issues. Always nice staff, super streamlined service, great if anything happens to your luggage (mine broke once and they gave me a new one on the spot), great entertainment, and no hidden fees.
Marissa L.
I generally fly American Airlines as my last resort, although have admittedly never had an issue with flight attendants, or major delays. The biggest downside of flying is that they have very little legroom when compared to competitors (like Delta and JetBlue).

Their rewards program is also least desirable; they're the only airline I fly that has miles expire. I'm not very motivated to be loyal to an airline and earn miles that are going to be expire in a year.
Rachel K.
(I haven’t taken AA in a few years this may be inaccurate now... not sure how much could have changed though)
The seats are uncomfortable and there is not a lot of space compared to JetBlue seats. This is coming from a petite person who doesn’t mind sitting in the middle seat because it’s usually enough room. I’ve had great and not so great interactions with the flight attendants. Overall, there are better airlines and airplanes out there that will cost you the same as AA would.
Ericka C.
New Bedford , MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They overbooked a flight my whole family was on for a family vacation and 5 people from my family had to stay behind and get on a flight leaving the next day, because the plane was full. They lost a whole day of their vacation and there was nothing they could do about it. It was absolutely terrible, and although the did get compensated for staying behind, it did not change the fact that it was a big fiasco at the airport and they lost a day of vacation. Absolutely terrible airline.
Kaitlin W.
Good airline, prices average right around where other airlines were for economy seating. There's an average amount of legroom, however it may be too small for larger or taller people, especially if the person in front of you tops their seat back. Snacks and drinks were offered complementary, except for any alcohol, and flight attendants walked through the cabin frequently to ensure everybody was having an enjoyable flight. Overall the cabin and bathroom were kept clean and sanitary.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?