BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19974)
Amy S.
Los Angeles, CA
The biggest challenge for American airlines is a lack of consistency across planes, staff and experience overall. I never really know what to expect when traveling to a new place with AA. The terminal experience at LAX in particular has been a huge pain at remote terminal in the last few years.
Barbara L.
Brunswick, MD
As a Military family, we flew with American Airline when we were changing from one duty stations to another. As with United, The American Airlines staff were hospitable to our needs; the luggage claim not so. However, they like United, do their duty in flying us safe and of course in returning our luggage.
Diana K.
Ambler, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The pros is that their airplanes are clean, the airline offers many routes, especially nonstop flights from major cities, and they have flexible flying times daily. Downfall is that, with children, they don't make you a priority. There are many times my family is the last on the plane bc our seats are in the back, and then my kids are cranky by the time we seat, then FLY, then be the last to get off again.
Carol A.
Washington, DC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Solid airline. I have not had too many negative experiences. Their flight change policies are pretty annoying, as you cannot change a flight time without a hefty fee. Other airlines are much more flexible, which attracts me more to their options. American Airlines has the most diverse flight options though. They fly the majority of places at convenient times, which JetBlue and Southwest cannot live up to yet.
Marlene P.
Boyds , MD
Overall it was a good experience. Boarding was pretty organized. You can take a personal bag such as a backpack laptop or camera bag and also a carryon suitcase. You get one free checked bag and I believe the checked baggage starts at $25 after that. Flight attendants were friendly also. I would fly again on American Airlines.
Jen S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I feel as though all airlines that are US-based have truly gone downhill, and American is no exception. The delays, costs for checking bags, lack of service on flights and cramped seating just stinks. When I fly international airlines I have such better service and an overall experience. I do not blame this airline so much as I blame the airline industry in the US. Come on guys, time to do a little better.
Ysa C.
Jacksonville, FL
In general I was pleased with the airline. Seats are cramped for international flight and while I have miles rewards we were put on a waitlist. Have tried to use the miles previously but again was unable to use them so I can comment further on this if I am ever able to use them for upgrade.
Haleigh S.
Carrollton, TX
In all my years of flying, this is probably the most common airline I fly on. There staff is friendly, there prices are fair and I love their rewards program. Yes, they have more fees than other airlines, but they also have more direct flights than other airlines. The majority of the time, my flights are on schedule and I have never had an issue with losing my bag. I plan to continue being a loyal customer.
Cynthia L.
Fort Worth, TX
I just flew from Rome to Texas on AA and it was a very good experience. I usually dont fly USA airlines when I fly to Europe. The food was not bad and the service was great. the attendants in Rome went above and beyond to help with my traveling with two cats. Very smooth and my animals are healthy.
Ashley F.
I've enjoyed flying on AA because very seldom have my flights been late and the customer service is always top notch. I've never had issues with flight adjustments or any baggage issues either. I feel safe when I'm a passenger on their planes and they have always informed travelers on any issues or concerns in advance which is fantastic. Love their app as well makes flying so much easier without the stress!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?