BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19960)
Gabby Y.
Peekskill, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The flight was honestly terrible. I took four flights with American Airlines and every single plane was super tiny. Two of them were so old that my carry on bag barely fit in the over head bins and the seat were just big enough for me to sit in. The other two were newer planes so they had more space in the seats and the over head bins but one of the planes had a malfunctioning door so the flight got delayed an hour which is kinda ridiculous for a new plane.
Caroline K.
Staten Island, NY
 Honestly one of the worst flights I ever had was to and from Miami on American Airlines. Our flight was delayed both ways because there were problems with the aircraft. The plane was disgusting and felt like it was from the 1950s with gross cloth seats and the staff was rude. I felt like I was sitting in a porter potty the entire flight it was so disgusted. On this one trip we encountered about nine hours of delays thanks to American Airlines. Never again
Sanjana R.
Flight developed a problem minutes after boarding began. The person at the desk was very rude while redirecting us to other options which was basically a four hour ride in a bus to another airport. Another time I used AA, they told me there was no more space in the overhead compartment and had to a gate check in which was fine except they lost the bag and took them over three week s to recover. Staff was extremely unhelpful throughout this and even hung up on me when I called to find out where the bad was. I understand flights develop problems and bags can get lost but rudeness from your staff is unacceptable.
Alijah A.
Yonkers, NY
Recently I had the WORST experience with this airline. The staff at the airport was so rude and disrespectful. NO ONE knew what they were doing and the staff literally walked away from us in the midst of a conversation. Then each member would tell us to do something different and say the other was wrong. Then I wrote a formal complaint to the airline and they offered me a meaningless apology and that was all. I would NOT recommend this airline at all.
Jocelyn W.
Lincoln, NE
Every American Airlines plane I have been in has been dirty, and and much smaller (lacking leg room, seat room) than their competitors planes. Also, every single flight I have ever taken with American has been delayed for various reasons.

The attendants are usually fairly nice, but I feel like I have received much better service from other airlines. If I had to, or if it was more than $100 cheaper than another flight, I would begrudgingly fly American again.
Bernadette M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Overall I had a good flight,  I felt the customer service was just ok,  they were all friendly just nothing that stood out.  The food was not good.  Just tasted like a horrible microwave dinner.   It seems they have a lot of hidden fees.  A friend of mine was forced to check in her small luggage even though it was in the limits of a carry on.  Haven't flow with this airline since.  I wouldn't recommend if you have other options.
Megan D.
Just recently traveled with American Airlines for a business trip in February. Over all, the airline was pretty good. There was an issue with our plane on the flight coming back home. We ended up being delayed over 5 hours and almost didn't get a flight back the same night. Despite the mechanical issue, the staff was courteous and provided meal vouchers while we waited and did everything they could to make sure we had as small of a delay as possible.
Holly M.
Kalamazoo, MI
Was upset with this company due to the way they handled problems. Had to wait a substantial amount of time to get off the ground, due to problems with the airplane. My luggage was also damaged, due to rough handling. Requested a replacement, and they were more than willing to help, but wanted to give me subpar luggage.
Taylor S.
Scranton, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I’ve never had any issues with AA. If you are an AA credit card member you get to check free bags for you and four guests which is nice. Aside from that it’s just a normal airline. Normally all the amenities are working such as televisions and headphone jacks. They are pretty reliable when it comes to flight duration estimates and on time for departures and arrivals. I used this airline for a flight to Hawaii and found the trip to be very pleasant.
I really like traveling in the American Airlines. The food and service provided are both high quality when compared to other airlines. The airhostess are very friendly and they go to a great extent to make sure the passengers are totally comfortable. They are very intuitive when it comes to young passenger needs.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?