BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you been in the past Year?4 Answers
  • American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Kaitlin W.
Good airline, prices average right around where other airlines were for economy seating. There's an average amount of legroom, however it may be too small for larger or taller people, especially if the person in front of you tops their seat back. Snacks and drinks were offered complementary, except for any alcohol, and flight attendants walked through the cabin frequently to ensure everybody was having an enjoyable flight. Overall the cabin and bathroom were kept clean and sanitary.
Jamie R.
I've flown AA more times than I can count. While there's definitely a lot of things they charge for that other airlines don't (picking a seat, for example), the reliability is hard to match up. I've only ever had one flight delayed, and it was the airport's fault because a tower was having issues. Always nice staff, super streamlined service, great if anything happens to your luggage (mine broke once and they gave me a new one on the spot), great entertainment, and no hidden fees.
Marissa L.
I generally fly American Airlines as my last resort, although have admittedly never had an issue with flight attendants, or major delays. The biggest downside of flying is that they have very little legroom when compared to competitors (like Delta and JetBlue).

Their rewards program is also least desirable; they're the only airline I fly that has miles expire. I'm not very motivated to be loyal to an airline and earn miles that are going to be expire in a year.
Robin G.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We recently flew with American Airlines from Maui to San Jose.  We were supposed to fly with them to Maui, but our flight was cancelled only 2 hours before and they wanted us to drive 3+ hours to another airport.  Luckily we worked something out with another airline.  On the flight home, we saw a striking difference in the way we were treated from the first airline, compared to American.  Everyone was much less pleasant with American Airline and we were treated like a bother.  Definitely not my favorite way to travel.
Ericka C.
New Bedford , MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They overbooked a flight my whole family was on for a family vacation and 5 people from my family had to stay behind and get on a flight leaving the next day, because the plane was full. They lost a whole day of their vacation and there was nothing they could do about it. It was absolutely terrible, and although the did get compensated for staying behind, it did not change the fact that it was a big fiasco at the airport and they lost a day of vacation. Absolutely terrible airline.
Melissa C.
Raleigh, NC
If I could afford Virgin Airlines, I'd use it. American is more of a no frills airline. They have good routes and lots of flights so that's a plus but they also have luggage fees, uncomfortable seats and no movies so there's that. Overall, it depends on how long your flight is. Short flight- use them. Long flight- can you afford a nicer airline?
Brittany S.
Round O, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have found American Airlines to be pretty undepenable. I’ve flown various carriers and after my last attempt to fly American I never will book with them again! Delayed for hours, to finally end up cancelled and weeks to refund!! I missed my brothers wedding! Very disappointing!
Melissa G.
Dallas, TX
American Airlines always is a great choice! They go everywhere and never seem to let you down. The AAdvantage program racks up points quickly and I can book award travel easily online! The baggage policy is fair and I just feel like the staff on American is more professional then so many other airlines. I just took American to St. Maarten and they always start my trips off right.
Victoria N.
Philadelphia, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Honestly I would give it 3.5 stars if possible.  American Airlines is my go to airline but that doesnt mean it doesnt have it's problems.  It is very consistently average.  You will occasionally get a delayed flight or a rude gate agent but unfortunately that seems to be more of the norm than the exception when dealing with Airlines.

For what the price is the seats are comfy (enough), service is fair, the in flight movie options available on your laptop or phone are not bad.   The biggest Pro for me is their reward points system.  Its very user friendly and easy to pair with a credit card.
Carolyn H.
I flew internationally with American Airlines twice last year from Dallas to Rome. AA is reliable and efficient, but customer service can sometimes be a hit or miss (usually when checking baggage or on the phone). I enjoyed the new planes as the in-flight entertain has come such a long way. AA doesn't let you go hungry either. It seems like they give you something to nibble or sip on every other hour. Not the best food per se, but hey, stand-up comedy isn't known for cheesy airplane food jokes for nothing...
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?