BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19904)
Angelica R.
I have always traveled through American Airline and I never had any problem with it. Sometimes flights get delayed by minutes but everything else is fine. The planes are comfortable , the customer service is flawless and since the company is very big it has flights to different destinations. For now , I have not had a bad experience.
Victoria W.
Charlotte, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
You can usually check a bag for free if you hate check it. Every time I fly AA they need to check bags at the gate. Flight crew was a bit odd on my last flight from Puerto Rico. Flight attended had her bag under the seat in front of me. After take off she sat on the floor and popped a pill. She then stood up by using my husbands knee as a handle. She then got mad at my husband for politely asking her not to do it. My husband has knee problems, but she didn't care.
Elissa H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have flown American for both business and pleasure and it is really just like any other greedy American airline. The seats are cramped, oversold, and to upgrade will cost you over $50 most cases. While customer service is usually good, bad experiences can really ruin a brand and it only takes one time. I found that my business flights to the east coast almost always had one impatient and short air attendant. Aircraft are decent but the seats are not comfy at all.
Amanda B.
Jonesboro, AR
Decent planes and you almost always get a snack, usually something really small though like a small bag of pretzels and a soda complimentary. Almost every time I fly with them though, there is a delay for one thing or another (not talking about weather, I know that's out of their control, more like the pilot decided to not show up to work or the plane needed to be worked on) but it has always been on my way back from vacation so it hasn't made me miss any vacation.
TooFabulousBev B.
Spokane Vly, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The airline was fine, they switched our gate at the last minute so there was a bit of confusion at the last minute. The staff was professional is not overly warm. The plane was surface clean but could have been better, there was garbage in the seat pouch and my tray had a dried rings on it. We left and got where we were going on time.
Hortensia A.
Miami Beach, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I really used to love American Airlines. Lately I find the price for the value isn't really there. I give 3 stars because they really don't deserve more. The only reason they deserve 3 is because of the amount of flights they offer nonstop from my city to other points of interest. In my opinion, however, if I really want a relaxing trip, American is no longer my first choice of airlines. The times of amazing customer service, good food, and comfy seats are long gone.
Vanessa W.
Jessup, PA
I fly American Airlines because I am never left down by the service or the quality of the aircraft. I always feel safe and comfortable. They take care of their passengers and ensure that they are as comfortable as possible. I was overly impressed by a red eye flight I took from Denver to Philadelphia. The staff was exceptional, the seating was comfortable, and they plane was actually really nice inside. I always check their flights first. Plus, frequent flier miles!!!
Jessica T.
I travel 2-3 weeks out of the month for work, so yes, I travel very often. I have unfortunately had to fly with AA quite a few times lately because of all their hubs. I will tell you this I have yet to have a "great experience" with them. Lets start with their customer service "they're horrible"! All they want is to make money off of you and never go the extra mile to make you happy. Next their flights... over booked, cramped old airplanes, no wifi, lack of food (at least delta still give you free peanuts) and last their flights are always leaving late and never arrive on time. My last experience with them was horrible I flew to Bend Oregon (it took me 23 hours to get there from Miami). They left to San Fran late b/c of "weather" (it was sunny both in Miami and half of the US) we got to San Fran late so I missed my plane. They wanted to leave me stranded in the airport till the next morning until I demanded a hotel. Finally I make it the next day and they did not want to honor my voucher for a new flight. No one ticketed my voucher yet I had a seat assigned for my flight. They did not want to take responsibility for their screw up and I had to pay another 200.00 out of pocket to get where I was going. They all put blame on me and did not take ownership of what they had done. When I wrote a letter to corporate they gave me a paper voucher, which I can not use on any of my trips (I have to send it via mail at least 3 weeks in advance for them to honor the voucher). Oh and when you want to change a flight its 150.00 change fee plus flight different (US Air and Delta charge 50.00 and no additional fees)
Will M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Depending on your luck, you’ll get a really comfortable plane with your own tv, enough leg space, and clean not smelly seats or a really old one with all the opposite. I flew from Los Angeles to New York recently in Avery uncomfortable plane with no entertainment except for a tv that was far away and was showing a movie that I didn’t wanna see. The service in-flight is good for the most part but one bad thing with their flights is that they’re not always on time.
Holly K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Overall solid airline. I've been flying with them for years and have no major complaints. Flights are on time for the most part. Service is generally good. My only gripe is that they keep cutting benefits for premium flyers, it's almost not worth it anymore. Don't forget about the customers that exclusively fly your airline! Also first class has gone a bit downhill in recent years. Glad they give out pretzels now in economy, for quite some time you'd get nothing.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?