BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19880)
Julia M.
Athens, GA
I will always fly American, if available. They definitely have the best service and consistency for airlines in their price range. My only qualm with AA is that usually the flights are suuuuper early or super late. most of the time, that's good for my travels, but for a honeymoon or a relaxed trip, I wouldn't take American for this reason.
Jessica Y.
If I could give this airline negative stars I would, they’re never on time. I’ve had to wait hours for a flight for the simple reason “we don’t have a plane yet”. Isn’t this planned aren’t you supposed to have a plane reserved? The seats are tiny I’m 5’2 and I can barely fit. The staff needs a personality check all of them, I’ve flown on over 60+ flights and never have I gotten a polite flight attendant on American. Like look at all the other companies learn from them.
Kelly F.
San Diego, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love American Airlines. They fly everywhere I want to go! They have an amazing rewards program too. I rack up so many miles every year, by flying and dining! I fly American at least once every month! They have amazing customer service. The agents are always so eager to assist. Another thing I love about American Airlines is their first class is a true first class. Separated from coach and divided between you and the others in the isle the bubbly flows alll flight long.
Naomi A.
Ellenton, FL
Pretty decent service. Obviously there could be improvements with certain things like any airline. Customer service was alright. Got us to where we needed to go and we didn't die so that's good.
Amanda B.
Jonesboro, AR
Decent planes and you almost always get a snack, usually something really small though like a small bag of pretzels and a soda complimentary. Almost every time I fly with them though, there is a delay for one thing or another (not talking about weather, I know that's out of their control, more like the pilot decided to not show up to work or the plane needed to be worked on) but it has always been on my way back from vacation so it hasn't made me miss any vacation.
TooFabulousBev B.
Spokane Vly, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The airline was fine, they switched our gate at the last minute so there was a bit of confusion at the last minute. The staff was professional is not overly warm. The plane was surface clean but could have been better, there was garbage in the seat pouch and my tray had a dried rings on it. We left and got where we were going on time.
Victoria W.
Charlotte, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
You can usually check a bag for free if you hate check it. Every time I fly AA they need to check bags at the gate. Flight crew was a bit odd on my last flight from Puerto Rico. Flight attended had her bag under the seat in front of me. After take off she sat on the floor and popped a pill. She then stood up by using my husbands knee as a handle. She then got mad at my husband for politely asking her not to do it. My husband has knee problems, but she didn't care.
Hortensia A.
Miami Beach, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I really used to love American Airlines. Lately I find the price for the value isn't really there. I give 3 stars because they really don't deserve more. The only reason they deserve 3 is because of the amount of flights they offer nonstop from my city to other points of interest. In my opinion, however, if I really want a relaxing trip, American is no longer my first choice of airlines. The times of amazing customer service, good food, and comfy seats are long gone.
Lisa P.
Howell, MI
After flying with American Airlines a few times, I purchased an AAdvantage credit card, because I knew I'd never want to fly another airline. Delays/cancellations are very few and far between; planes are always clean and comfortable; airline attendants and pilots are always courteous and friendly. It can get pricey, but it's worth it to travel in comfort. Highly recommend!
Vanessa W.
Jessup, PA
I fly American Airlines because I am never left down by the service or the quality of the aircraft. I always feel safe and comfortable. They take care of their passengers and ensure that they are as comfortable as possible. I was overly impressed by a red eye flight I took from Denver to Philadelphia. The staff was exceptional, the seating was comfortable, and they plane was actually really nice inside. I always check their flights first. Plus, frequent flier miles!!!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?