BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19948)
Bekah G.
Denver, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew American Airlines to England and on the return trip, two different airplanes were deemed unable to fly us back to the US. We spent 5 hours waiting to hear if we would even leave that day. Turns out our flight was rescheduled for the following day, but American Airlines put us up in the airport hotel for free and flew us out the next morning on a huge plane where we had way more space than on our original flight! It was a bit of a headache but in they made up for it! Would definitely fly again.
Sheena C.
Lathrop, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've flown American maybe 8 times in the last 6 months; friendly staff every time for sure. Yes the planes all did seem a little older. The way they seat you is very inefficient for sure. It should be board by row starting at the back. This of course is not the case. It's not easy squeezing down that tiny aisle carrying a purse and a bag, to the back of the plane (usually) through all those people! But still 3 stars because it's hard to find friendly customer service oriented people, and they all were.
taiane a.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I fly from Philadelphia to the beach in Miami with American Airlines and my flight was delayed because the weather was so bad. So when I arrive to Chicago to do my connection I wasn't in time and I lost my flight. But the American gave me a night in one hotel,a ride to the hotel for one night because the first next flight would departure just in the morning! I had all attentions from de receptions and everyone so nice with me.
I had a great time and everything was great!
Airlines is an amazing company!
Jessica E.
I was invited to an event so the company's travel agent booked my boyfriend and I on American. We had never flown with them before but had a pleasant experience. We were scheduled to fly in the morning of the event but a huge snow storm was approaching. I knew the morning flights would be cancelled so I called customer service and they were kind enough to place us on earlier flights at no cost. My flight back home was cancelled due to the snow but had no problem being rebooked on a flight the next day.
Hayley V.
Orlando, FL
I have been flying my whole life and I can tell you I have never encountered such a rude, unorganized airline. My flight was delayed hours, which I understand things happen, but was I put on the next plane? No. I was put on standby for 3 different flights and then after being in the airport for 12 hours walking gate to gate, I was told "get over it, you can wait" by the wonderful AA staff. I will never fly with them again.
Magan V.
Nevada , TX
It's literally been a while since I've flown, but no complaints about American Airlines. I always seem to get preferential TSA screening and go to the front of the lines and have never had any trouble boarding. I actually remember flying when I was seven months pregnant and one of the flight attendants offering me one of the free meals they served to first class since I was always up and in the bathroom. I politely declined but it was nice to have someone to talk to during my frequent bathroom trips.
Francesca M.
Essex Jct, VT
I have only used American Airlines twice and both times were great! For example one time I was flying to Florida and I was dressed for warm weather. The plane was extremely chilly and my legs were frozen. I asked the flight attendant for a blanket and they brought one over without hesitation! I could tell they like to make your trip as comfortable as possible
Regina S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
With the recent airlines being in the news, I felt compelled to write a review. I used to fly on American quite frequently. I will say I am not a picky person, since I'm afraid of flying I literally p
don't leave my seat... with that said, I found the stewards very rude. I get it, you're thousands of miles in the air and have to deal with rude and grouchy customers... but seriously, a little kindness never killed anyone! I haven't flown in years but I am planning 2 trips in the upcoming months!
Jon S.
Floresville , TX
Literally the worst flying experience all 5 times. I never have had a good experience with them! Which is disappointing because I've heard great things. But losing baggage and one time there was apparently a system glitch and said it was "my problem" and didn't allow me to get on my flight home. Mind you I was overseas and they said I had to find my own resolution! Never again.
Ernestine P.
Brawley , CA
American Airlines is a great way to fly! They have great prices all year round, even during holidays. The comfort is superb! The flights I've taken have been very comfortable with no worries or anxiety. The stewardess will come to your every need and make sure you're at ease. There's always a smile on their faces and wait hand and foot on everyone. I've never had a problem with being double booked. I've always had a pleasant experience. They rock! I recommend everyone to fly American Airlines!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?