BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

Reviews (19890)
Sky D.
Portland, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
We flew AA 8 times this past December. Every single time we had courteous staff greet us. We were traveling with two children in their own seats (3yrs & 9months) and it was really easy. We had no issues hooking up the car seats and we were able to preboard for a little extra time to set the kids up. This was a great airline to fly! Some of our flights were local (NY, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Dallas). The other flights were to Maui and London! I can honestly say we made a great choice choosing American!
ERika P.
Used this airline to fly to New York last year. It was comfortable and i loved that my trip was non stop. But on the way to ny, i paid for wifi and it never worked. Also on the flight home ( during winter snow blizzard ) weather, my husband and i were booted off our flight along with 2 other people. Seems they gave our seats to a bigger family. My flight had been booked like 8 months if not more in advanced. It wad very upsetting.. we ended up having to pay for an extra night in Manhattan. Not very cheap....
Amber S.
Des Moines, IA
American Airlines was absolutely awful! Not only did we have difficulty using our miles, but they ruined luggage that was brand new from our wedding and refused to fix it until something was said on social media, and then they only paid out the lowest advertised price, not the cost to replace it. They were very rude to me about the issue and acted like they didn't care to resolve it at all. I will NEVER fly with American again.
Erin G.
New York
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They close the check in an hour before the flight and when I asked them when should I be there, they said ASAP. It’s just such bad attitude to a customer. Besides, although I was late that time, I did get there more than an hour before my flight, but the machine didn’t work. I asked them to help me with it, they wasted some time on the machine and said it won’t work and ask me to check in with a lady. And I waited for that lady some time. So when I finally get to check in, it’s just 45 mind before my flight.
Libby R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew to Italy and back on American Airlines. They way there was great, even though we were quite squished it was still a  good flight. I love the movies on the back of the chairs, and the food really was not that bad! However, on the way home it was an older plane that was barely full, and that just didnt make sense to me. Most people had whole rows to themselves ( me included). Having an older plane where there were no chargers, no entertainment, and no wifi definitely sucked for an 12 hour flight.
Alison R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The last time I flew American airline it went to terrible that I stopped flying with them. I had a layover in DFW. My second flight kept getting delayed an change gates and terminal numbers. Then it changed terminals again 10 minutes before boarding was starting. I have 10 minutes to get across the whole airport and the airport had closed their train so I had to run. When I arrived at my new gate they delayed it another hour to refuel the engine. I was so livid at this point I vowed to never fly American again.
CarrieJo M.
Los Angeles, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American to me is just an average airline. I don't come close to hating it, but I've had a few negative experiences, like a mechanical failure causing my flight to be delayed and then eventually cancelled and my happy little self getting stuck at my layover city overnight and missing work the next day. Usually my flights with them are uneventful, but because of some icky moments, it's put a decently bad taste in my mouth. I'll definitely fly them again- but only if it's the cheapest and most convenient.
Joel B.
Fontana
Chicago - Toronto - Miami - Las Vegas - Chicago Every flight we took left on time. All flights were full except for the Vegas -Chicago flight which was mostly empty making for a great flight. The service was as expected and the planes were all in good condition some were in fact very new. The in flight magazine is particularly good on this airline. I was very concerned about selecting this airline as there are so many bad reviews about delays but honestly I can say we had a wonderful experience flying with them.
Cris F.
Dunedin
I have only flown American on business trips when the company pays for the flight. I appreciate that American has more direct flights, but higher prices keep me from flying them on personal trips.
American is Like most other airlines. Prices are higher, as stated above, and there are baggage fees which is now typical of most airlines. The staff is friendly. Overhead bins seem small as they always seem to be filled. I've had pleasant, uneventful flights with American, and would consider flying them again.
Faylyn C.
FAIRVIEW, UT
I have flown with American Airlines many times this year and only once was delayed. That delay added an additional 4 hours to my trip but as compensation I was rewarded airline miles before I reached my destination. Customer service has been helpful and when I needed to cancel a flight and change my name. They were able to process my request in a timely matter and without headache. Prices are competitive and often much less expensive than most and American flys just about everywhere I need or want to go.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?