BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Jovana M.
Leavenworth
I've been on various airplanes in my life and AA provided great customer care for my sisters and I. The plane was big and spacious that we all fit comfortably into the seats and served us food when we were on a long flight to Mexico. The only thing about this that I know many people go to tiger airlines for is that sometimes the pricing for a flight can get really pricey. Even then you'll always find great deals if you order your tickets on time and wait to see if the prices go down if that's a problem. I really liked this airline and it's one of my top airlines to travel in.
Ceseli S.
San Antonio, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The newer planes have gotten very nice. The price is usually the best for when my family is looking to travel. The only problem I've been having is that we typically take connections (not an issue with the airline just because of where we live) and one flight is fairly short, about an hour, while the other is the bulk of the travel, about 2-4 hours. Seems like there is always no problem with the in flight televisions and wifi on the short flight but ALWAYS down on the longest leg of the flight. I've purchased wifi for my entire flight only for it to work for 30 min of my trip.
Tehuna M.
E Palo Alto, CA
American Airlines has great customer service. I was waiting on line to get checked in and an agent was standing by and asking those who didn't have luggage to check in if they wanted to use the kiosk. I immediately jumped for the offer because I only had an hour to check in before my flight started boarding. He walked me over to the kiosk, instructed me on how to use it, and stood by as I checked in. It was that simple! The only downside is that their aisles feel cramped and rows left me with little to no leg room. Unfortunately, I was uncomfortable throughout the entire flight.
Madisyn C.
West St Paul, MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had to fly a bunch for a sales job I did for 2 years, and also because I love to travel to Disney. I have flown American Airlines twice within the last 3 years because of this and both experiences were awful! The service before and during the flight was minimal. One of my flights was cancelled (after already being on the plane) and barely any accommodation was made to get me in another flight. Many of the other people on that same flight had to wait a day or two before getting out, but I managed to get another flight much later that day because I needed to fly for work.
Jennifer S.
Charlottesville
I travel a lot and used to be a flight attendant. I know some things are unavoidable and how and why airlines do certain things. I have had 6 different experiences with American that all boiled down to poor training and terrible customer service. Th most recent was when I purchased 2 tickets to travel with my 4 year old son across country. I paid extra to choose our seats so I could ensure we were together. At check in they changed my seats... split us up and refused to fix it. I had to beg the gate agent to correct and show her my original receipt and was told it was a full flight. Eventually I was able to trade with another passenger. This happened on 2 out of 6 flights for that trip
Sascha D.
Salt Lake City, UT
American Airlines is the absolute worst! Their customer service is a joke. Our first flight was delayed so long that we missed our second flight. Apparently this happened to a lot of people because the customer service line was a mile long at LAX we waited for 5 hours in line just to get nothing but a cheap hotel voucher which we didn't even use. We ended up taking our second flight on Hawaiian airlines which is much better.
traci c.
Milford, CT
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I was flying with my family to Disney World. My son was 8 months old so I didn't buy him a ticket because children under 2 fly for free. We didn't bring his birth certificate to "prove" he was under 2 so we either had to buy him a ticket or go home grab his birth certificate and they would bump is to another flight. They wanted me to pay $749 for his ticket, after a bunch of tears, supervisors, they finally let us though. For the way home I had my mom FedEx me a copy of his birth certificate I gave it to the lafy at check in and she said I dont need that hes just a baby.
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines Airline Company has been one of my favorites to fly with. When I travel I need assistance. Anytime that I have requested this service they have been quick to get what I need and the staff that has escorted me to the gates I needed to be at are nice and have great conversations. They never left my side until I was on the plane I needed to be on.
On the plane the staff was all business but they were also friendly at the same time. The snacks leave a bit to be desired but I'm not going to knock off a star just because I got all the free soda I wanted and a back of salty peanuts.
Michele W.
Atlanta, GA
I've had more negative experiences than positive experiences flying AA. Unfortunately, I sometimes have no other options as AA is pretty affordable. I want to say you get what you pay for but Southwest is usually cheaper and I've had nothing but great experiences with them. They've tried to give my seat away that I've specifically chosen, always give me a hard time about my carry-on even though it's regulation size, dirty/old seats, etc.
Christa B.
I'm one of those people who hates flying. I'm not afraid of it, but it's just so uncomfortable and unpleasant most of the time. I flew both first class and economy with American Airlines and I wouldn't fly any other way than first class with them. Their normal seats were quite uncomfortable and I felt like a sardine. First class, however, was very comfortable and made my trip tolerable. First class or bust.
Brianna W.
Leland, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How does AA rank among other airlines? Is this a top favorite, or lying near the bottom? I usually use Delta, but am interested in changing!
Krista S.
Puryear , Tn
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
When it comes to traveling luggage is very important. Is luggage getting to the destination an issue anyone had encountered?
Elizabeth F.
New rochelle, NY
Is this airline expensive?
Olacia L.
Hackensack, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Why wont they get new aircrafts with all the money they charge aircrafts are very outdated
Hannah H.
Oxford, MS
Favorite AA airport stop?