BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19938)
Stepha V.
I've had mixed experiences with American Airlines. I have flown twice in the last 5 years and the first trip to Spain my flight was delayed and then my friend's luggage was lost. Then on the way back from our trip our flight was cancelled completely. However on my latest trip to Peru everything went smoothly and they made sure that I didn't miss my flight and offered a speedy customs option.
Diana M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They have mostly older aircrafts unless you get lucky with their newer fleet which are rare. If you travel international, you most likely have to go through MIA which can be a long distance specially from LAX. They are very unreliable with their pilots and tend to cancel or delay flights. I have been on cancelled flights twice stuck in MIA heading to SAL which is not ideal specially when you are going for a short time. On the bright side, sometimes they have very low fares as long as you have the time for the long layovers.
Christina D.
Plano, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I don't really have much to say about this Airlines besides the fact that you have to pay money to check in your bags which is a hassle if you need to carry a lot of liquids and you definitely can't carry any aerosols like hair spray. You may not be able to find a flight that's cheap or within your budget and you don't necessarily get award-winning service from any of their representatives that make you feel like it's worth flying with them or it's worth the hassle you don't really get any award-winning service that kind of makes it worth it.
Toni L.
Vancouver, WA
I am not a fan of this airline company. The seats are super confined, the staff is not nice. I've never been on time for a flight leaving an airport or arriving to my destination. I flew them over Thanksgiving and they left my 5 year old son and me stranded at the airport, with no explain Atkin as to why the plane was not working. They lost our bags and when they had finally arrived at my house the next day, things were stolen out of my bag. Their customer service hotline did NOTHING and they don't care about customers.
Morgan G.
New york, NY
Even though I only fly American Airlines because my dad is a concierge member, I still really do enjoy AA flights. Unlike other airlines, I can always try on AA for good service, in-flight entertainment even in economy seating, reasonably priced tickets and routes to cities all over the United States. If you fly a lot, it is definitely worth it to become a One World Alliance member because the points add up and you get priority boarding and free flights!
✖️Dominique L.
Los Angeles, CA
I have been flying American Airlines for many years now, definitely my favorite airlines in the U.S. The service is always great and the planes are always nice and clean! I never realized how great the service was until flying Norwegian airlines when I went to Barcelona. It was a 12 hour flight and they would even give you a complementary water! The leg room was practically non-existent! American is definitely the best way to fly, especially internationally! Food is great too, doesn't taste like crappy microwave stuff!
Krystal P.
San Antonio, TX
I am not a fan of American Airlines at all. The only time I have been forced to fly them recently is to Nashville. Almost every time (and I am not exaggerating) I have flown with them there has been a delay and it is usually due to mechanical issues. They have old planes, which are constantly having issues, and also the dated and poorly kept cabins reflect the age of these planes as well. I have been on one of their new planes and it was extremely nice but they just don't have enough of the updated planes to make it worth my while.
Lauren E.
San Francisco, CA
My dad flies for American Airlines but I honestly choose flights based on price -- this being said I usually end up on American a third of the time, Virgin a third of the time, and Southwest a third of the time. I love that American is prioritizing putting new plans into its fleet -- the dimmed lighting and updated leather seating makes a big difference in customer happiness.
Andrea D.
New york, NY
I typically do not change airlines, but American had some great options for Vacations through American Vacations. The customer service rep who set me up for the trip was extremely helpful the process, but screwed up my reservation. They did not realize it until I was already in Mexico and pretty much told me they could not fix the reservation and we were stuck. The flight to Mexico, the airline staff was rude to many people when they were asked questions. The plane was comfortable, had entertainment, and the food was ok.
Breanna H.
philadelphia
They eventually get you where you’re going and the flight staff are usually kind, but I’ve had so many delays (including spending the night as a young girl by myself in Chicago, with the airport assuming I would take a sketchy van to a nearby hotel with a couple of vouchers when I was supposed to be getting to class in London). They also have quite the problem with a lack of space in seating (I’m not tall at all and I have no legroom to spare) as well as in the overhead bins (my bags always have to fit under the seat in front of me because there is never room up top). But, because my airport is so small, I don’t have another option unless I want to drive a few hours to a different airport.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?