BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you been in the past Year?4 Answers
  • American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19988)
Have been using American for years. Either I am getting fatter or the seats, bathrooms and aisles are getting narrower and narrower. I am 5'3" and I find the seating so cramped that if you put your carry on under the seat, there is no room to reach down to get anything out of bag until you land. Terrible. Nothing more gross than sitting on a toilet and your legs are touch the walls. Walking down the aisle, I have to walk sideways or my hips hit every shoulder of every person. Nonetheless, I have mostly gotten to where I am going on time and safely.
Leah W.
Great customer service, and always a relaxing flight. I have recently flown with AA to Turks and Caicos and it was a great flight. I have probably flown AA three times a year but the only down fall is the snacks and uncomfortable seats. I am satisfied overall with AA flights though and will continue to fly with them.
JJ & Elle P.
Merced, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I flew American Airlines two years ago from California to Phoenix, AZ on a plane that was so worn down we felt like I could potentially fall apart. Everything inside of the plane was so old, the seats, the meal trays, even the window coverings were all cracked and falling apart. When the inside of the plane is that old and damaged it really makes you question what the engine and other essential parts may look like. Not a very comforting thought as your that high up in the air. We decided then that we would never fly American Airlines again.
Chantea H.
Sanford, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines was a decent airline. It was a headache trying to get my daughter on her flight and they wouldn't let us check in without waiting in a huge line even though I explained that they had given us the wrong information when we called ahead to prepare. The customer service agents were rude and unhelpful and my daughter missed 2 flights because no one knew how to handle an unaccompanied minor correctly. If I needed to as an adult I would fly with them again but only last resort. I wasn't pleased with their service and how they treated us.
Chelsea M.
Valrico, FL
I would avoid flying this airline at all costs.  It isn't as horrible as allegient and spirit, however expect difficulties along the way and probably arriving to your final destination later than expected.  There is always mechanical issues, delays, and cancellations.  They truly cancel flights not based on weather or mechanical problems, but by cost.  There have been several occasions where my flights have been cancelled or massively delayed for no reason, and whenever you have to fly cross country that is a nightmare.
Denise G.
I have flown American Airlines a few times and have not had any issues or major problems.  One time I did have a broken seat that would not recline.  They charge a baggage fee, so a lot of passengers bring on too much luggage and there is not enough room in the overhead bins if you get on towards the end of boarding.  I like how they will take your bags and not charge you the fee when they run out of room.
Alley C.
San Jose, CA
I feel like American Airlines has done a lot to update the travel experience for their customers. I really like that I can always find a lot of cheap flights with them to almost anywhere. I've almost always gotten a seat upgrade without having to pay. And economy plus seats get free entertainment access! One thing I don't like is that the seats are really tight on all sides and I couldn't fit my backpack under the front seat, hence I subtracted a star. The flight crew is always amazingly friendly and patient which makes me feel at ease when traveling.
Jacqueline G.
Brooklyn, NY
Its like love hate relationship. They have great prices and comfortable seating. But thing i hate the most is carry-on bag issuses. They always try to have check it in because "overhead bins are full". I had a small bookbag and duffel bag and they wanted me to check in bookbag. I had to consolidate and they still wanted to give me hard time. When I got on plane everyone started to complain because so many over head bins were empty. They are also stingy with blankets. Only accommodate first class with them and most flight attendants are rude.
Joseline c.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Whenever I book a flight I usually fly American Airlines or United. I feel safest when I do. I enjoy that they always light military personnel first! Thank you for that! Im not in the force but my fiancé is. We took a flight on Memorial Day weekend and they thanked everyone in the military and passed out chocolates for everyone on the plane. It's little things like that they makes me like them more.
Michelle Y.
It can't be just me but the seats are horrible. The staff has no care for anyone but first class, we had a natural disaster hit us and I reset our cruise line trips with no fees no problems due to the weather. American was offered the texts the pictures and the news feed about the hurricanes and refused to refund or reroute the tickets without a huge dollar amount. Personally airlines have only the competition of each other there really is not a fast mode of transportation other than flights so why should they really care about the customers. Sad.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?