BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you been in the past Year?4 Answers
  • American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Felicia B.
Flew American Airlines for a trip to Hawaii and had an overall great experience. Being that I am cold natured I really appreciated the blankets they gave us on the longer portion of our flight. I enjoyed the TVs in the headrest and being able to watch movies. The TV in my headrest on one of our flights was broken so I didn't have this luxury on part of our trip. The guy sitting next to me also had a broken one as well as one of the passengers in the row in front of us. We all just gave up on them. Other than this we had no issues. All flights were on time, I think we may have even arrived early on one portion of our flight and the plane had to go to a different gate. I would definitely fly American again.
Cindy M.
St. Louis
I recently traveled to Montana for Labor Day weekend. We had. 6 am flight. Soon after we boarded, the captain announced there was a problem. We exited the plane to await a new one. 8 hours later we reboarded the same plane. We then missed several connecting flights in Denver. We were able to get out at 730pm and landed in MT 2 hours later. The car rental place was closed. Had to take an Uber to our resort. We lost an ENTIRE day of a much needed 4 day escape for my husband and I. Spent $$ on meals at the airport, Uber. Wanna know what AA gave us for our troubles? $75 credit on our next airplane ticket!
Perla F.
Avondale, AZ
I was hesitant to fly with American Airlines because of a recent incident with a mom being mistreated while boarding the plane. Simple miscommunication gone out of hand. But I gotta say, I was treated very nicely. I was traveling with my baby and my family and the check in lady was kind enough to sit my non-English grandparents together and the attendants were very nice and helpful about checking in my stroller at the gate which was my very first time doing so. The flight was bumpy but they communicated that with us and overall I felt safe and well taken care of. Will definitely fly with them again.
Karla M.
raleigh, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Flight from Raleigh to Dallas was as smooth as it could have been. The flight was overbooked, but it wasn't a problem for me as I am a platinum rewards member. Flight back to Raleigh from Dallas was an absolute nightmare as my flight got cancelled and AA was not able to A) refund my flight and B) get me on a flight for 3 days. Would recommend, but be wary as they can drop the ball a lot of the time.
Toby T.
WASHINGTON, DC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The "American Eagle" plane we flew in was a bit frightening to me because of the small size, but the attendants were exceptional and very friendly. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed due to a mechanical error (a baggage strap was loose) and the mechanics left us on the bus standing for 30 minutes while they addressed the problem with little to no urgency. However, we were not delayed at all because our pilot made up for lost time in the air. Overall, good experience.
Alice S.
Aubrey, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines flys everywhere I need to be. They have good flight times, and generally are on time. I don't think their gate agents are friendly and sometimes their flight attendants are grumpy. My worst experience is always with gate agents. They don't communicate with the flight attendants, they have people check bags too early, they are not accommodating at all and then they have a bad attitude. Some planes are really outdated as well. Other than that I'll always fly American. I fly every other week and I still get frustrated when they let a man bring his suitcase on board and make me check mine
Allie W.
Saint Louis, MO
Growing up, AA was the nicest airline I flew! It was high end, had great service, and treated the guests better than any other brand. Recently, I have seen a large decline in their service. I recently flew first class from Dallas to Oahu. The seats were comfortable and the service was adequate, but the food was almost inedible (and that was in first class). They don't let you go to the Admirals club because it's a domestic flight, even though the fare is higher and the flight is longer than many international flights. They are definitely pinching pennies and it is noticeable on their flights.
Lauren S.
My overall experience with American Airlines was not great. We had a situation where their employee was extremely rude to us. She began complaining about us to other passengers. When we tried to contact the company about the situation, they never bothered to respond to us. Although, this one instance was not a great experience, we have had other employees who were very nice. I just wish corporate would respond to their customers needs.
Hayley H.
Lakeland, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
While overall I am usually not a fan of any America-based airline, American Airlines was helpful in a last minute flight fiasco I had within the last year. My frontier flight to buffalo was left without a crew and I was going to miss my connection. I canceled my frontier flight and was able to purchase a last-minute flight with American Airlines that was able to get me to my final destination, at a reasonable price and was able to skip the line and hurried through security to make the flight in time. Overall the rest of the experience was decent, and I didn't run into any issues with the staff or flight process.
Jessica S.
Boston, MA
The best airline imaginable. They made my 8-hour trip to Paris as smooth and painless as possible. There's no hidden fees for Wi-Fi, seat reservation or luggage and the flight attendants are always incredibly helpful and polite. The in-flight movie selection is robust and the seats are comfortable. I've flown with a lot of second-rate airlines like United, Delta and Spirit. American is the only airline to never lose my luggage, delay my flight or cause unnecessary problems. It's the only airline I'll ever fly again!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?