BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19962)
Megan B.
My experience with American Airlines was amazing. I was a first class passenger, the flight attendnats were always there if you needed literally anything, the ride to Puerto Rico was very comfortable and we had plenty of room, the ride back was a little cramped but no complaints. The staff was extremely helpful to me when I dropped my phone down between the seats before takeoff. Luckily when we landed I was able to get behind the seat to reach through to retrieve it and I didn't have to wait for them to disassemble the seat. Also all of our baggage arrived and was without harm.
Eva C.
Charleston
I have flown American several times and usually do not have any major issues. However, recently their flights are delayed more and customer service was not the friendliest. My last trip they delayed our flight by nearly 2 hours then refused to help us get to our connecting flight in time. The representative wanted to put us on a flight 24 hours later, which would take away a full day of our already short trip. Luckily a family friend is a pilot and had his list of flights pulled up and helped us find an earlier flight. I will use them again, but will be very cautious about timeliness.
Sandra A.
Modesto, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American airlines is a sufficient airline. I feel like their customer service has dropped since I first started traveling consistently with them over 5 years ago. I like their mileage program and I have accumulated and use my miles for other vacations which is always nice.

The pilots are usually great and professional and the landings aren't so crazy and bumpy. I believe I have had a few rough landings but that's normal for me being a frequent flyer.

I choose America over any other airline besides Virgin America. The reason I choose American is because of the miles I can accumulate.
Marta B.
Park Ridge, IL
My preferred airline for domestic flights. The staff is typically courteous and I rarely have an issue. Are flights delayed, yes, but for the most part not much and that's because I fly out of one of the busiest airports. The planes are usually very clean (love the new ones especially) and have outlets to charge your devices while in flight. Two things to change: wifi costs & seating room width. I'm only 5'6"/140lbs and I still feel like I'm borderline shoulder touching with people even though I paid for more room seats.
Sascha D.
Salt Lake City, UT
American Airlines is the absolute worst! Their customer service is a joke. Our first flight was delayed so long that we missed our second flight. Apparently this happened to a lot of people because the customer service line was a mile long at LAX we waited for 5 hours in line just to get nothing but a cheap hotel voucher which we didn't even use. We ended up taking our second flight on Hawaiian airlines which is much better.
Madisyn C.
West St Paul, MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had to fly a bunch for a sales job I did for 2 years, and also because I love to travel to Disney. I have flown American Airlines twice within the last 3 years because of this and both experiences were awful! The service before and during the flight was minimal. One of my flights was cancelled (after already being on the plane) and barely any accommodation was made to get me in another flight. Many of the other people on that same flight had to wait a day or two before getting out, but I managed to get another flight much later that day because I needed to fly for work.
Amber V.
Paris, TN
I've loved there flights since I was a kid. If i can find a deal I go with them. The seats are always so comfy, but not feasible like they used to be, especially when hauling a family of 5!
Mariah H.
Galt
THE WORST AIRLINE. I recently flew America to Cancun, like I said it was the WORST. First of all I’m a short avg build female & I chose to sit in the emergency row seats, MY HIPS BARLEY FIT, the seats were literally like 4 inches narrower then the normal seats. My second flight I sat in the normal seats which were better. However what made the flights even worse was that they DONT SERVE COMPLEMENTARY FOOD ON FLIGHT. The avg meal cost 8$. Ridiculous. They only give sml little bags of pretzels & stuff. Lastly most of the flight attendants were rude. Lol never flying American again.
Jovana M.
Leavenworth
I've been on various airplanes in my life and AA provided great customer care for my sisters and I. The plane was big and spacious that we all fit comfortably into the seats and served us food when we were on a long flight to Mexico. The only thing about this that I know many people go to tiger airlines for is that sometimes the pricing for a flight can get really pricey. Even then you'll always find great deals if you order your tickets on time and wait to see if the prices go down if that's a problem. I really liked this airline and it's one of my top airlines to travel in.
Lisa C.
St Augustine
Given that I am a flight attendant I tend to be a little more critical when I fly.  I watch things that most passengers don't look at like how the exit rows were briefed.  I do not pay to fly on other airlines so I'm not sure my opinion matters as a consumer.  I typically only fly American when it is the most direct route to where I am headed.  I find more often then not the aircraft I am on does not have individual tvs like other airlines which I find to be most convenient in passing the time on a long flight.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?