BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19887)
Kristin P.
Dearborn, MI
My mother usa flight attendant for another major airline so I don't fly on American Airlines very often. I do however, have the advantage of comparing American to one of its main competitors. American Airlines' employees-from baggage handlers and gate agents to flight attendants and pilots have also been pleasant, courteous, and willing to help. I enjoy the snacks and they serve many of my favorite beverages. (I take my refreshments quite seriously ūüĎć) The seats are comfortable and I've always been able to fit my carry on luggage in the overhead bins. Most importantly, I've always felt safe aboard the American Airline planes.
Silvia E.
Whenever I'm out of school , spring break , summer , Christmas I travel to the different states of United States . I also go back home to Equatorial Guinea in Africa . For many of this 2 hour trips I used American Airlines . The airplane it self it's always pretty old. During the flight you always gets some peanuts and small drink . To me this is alright because it's a short trip. The flight are most of the time in time . The only thing I really dislike it's that your flight ticket doesn't cover you luggage . I believe that the first luggage is $25 and the second one $50. These prices doesn't make any sense to me.
Joanna D.
Newport, NC
I use American Airlines very often. I am a member of their frequent flyer program, but I have never redeemed any miles. My experience with flight attendants and niceness/cleanliness of planes has always been great, but customer service is lacking. Hold times when you call them are very long, and when I was recently on a plane that had been delayed for a while, no one made any effort to make sure people with connections within the next half hour could get off the plane first.
Nikki G.
Urbana, IL
I like using American Airlines. They are pretty easy to work with and the price is comparable to other airlines out there. I haven't really felt comfortable taking a chance on any other airline before, but could probably be persuaded. It honestly doesn't seem like any airline truly cares about their customers. Their website and phone system are not user friendly and they both led me in circles the few times I needed help, but I haven't had any real issues with American
Dheevena R.
I always have a very straightforward no frills flight when I fly with American Airlines. It's been that way since I was younger and flew solo, or even when I go traveling with family. The planes are clean and I haven't had a bad experience at the ticket counter or the gate yet. The costs for AA flights are usually pretty reasonable and they fly to more locations than a lot of other American companies which allows them to fly with less stopovers and layovers. I once flew from Portland, OR to Indiana on a red-eye with one stop and I still made it back within 12 hours. I've yet to have a bad experience with this airline.
Maddy M.
Monroe
An overall pleasant flight from Rome to Philadelphia - aside from the complimentary hot meal and wine/beer, free pretzels and water/juice were available at the rear of the aircraft throughout the flight. In addition, ice cream was provided mid-flight, followed by a hot savory snack as well as a sweet snack. Personal screens offered a wealth of options, and seats featured a USB port for device charging. Flight attendants were all friendly and helpful, although a few were a bit more informal that they should have been. This is a much better product in terms of value for money than British Airways offers at the moment.
Taylor W.
MIDLOTHIAN
I had a great experience with American Airlines simply because of how well they treated me. My girlfriend and I were checking in to the airport and upon arrival we discovered that AA had upgraded our seats completely free of charge! We had so much leg room and plenty of baggage space. The seats were pretty comfortable and flight was smooth the entire time. The best part was that the whole plane, every single passenger, was granted free cable with all channels just because the flight was 5 minutes behind schedule. It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to fly with American Airlines for our next weekend getaway!
David S.
RecommendsPositive OutlookCEOI have been working at American Airlines full-time (More than a year)ProsAMAZING company! You will not meet a stranger once you walk through the doors. Everyone is there to help eachother. We ALL work for the same amazing airline and we are all going for Great!ConsWhen you turly love something such as your Job/Hobby/friend/family you won't have things to complain about because you will have already found a way to fix or advise it before you're given the opportunity to talk negatively.
Brooke W.
Ehh Ehh Ehh.... Every single time I fly with American something happens. Whether it be my bag gets lost, broken (yep that's happened), delivered to the wrong hotel (that happened too), delayed flight to miss my connecting flight, OR the attendant sending a plane off without checking the list of passengers who were on delayed flights and wouldn't let us on the plane. All around, terrible, Would not recommend. Theyre cheap but you get what you pay for.
Zohra K.
New Brighton, MN
When boarding the plane the lady checking my bag said she wanted me to check and see if it would fit and if not I would have to check it. I was able to fit it in and she rudely told me I still had to check it even after me telling her I was going to miss my shuttle from Atlanta to Chattanooga.I had no trouble on the way there and didn't purchase anything this trip so the bag size did not change. Customer service was absolutely horrible. I've never felt so disrespected while traveling. No wonder they have had such horrible reviews lately. They need to work on their employee training so that customers are treated with respect.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?