BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19975)
Shania R.
Katy, TX
This airline is quite alright. Average expected service, nothing really stands out from them.. But it is quite nice traveling with this company from time to time.
Aissha A.
I dislike American Airline a lot. I have used it good 10 times to travel to the Caribbean and it's been a bad international flight every time. I didn't have choice to take another airline or else I would have. They have a good customer service but the flight itself is horrible for a 6+ hour of flight. They stopped providing blankets and snacks for an international flight, which is really bad because the a/c is on blast. These people don't even listen to you to lower it or provide a drink even after you walk up to them. I found it very rude.
Marissa R.
Park City, UT
Our pilot couldn't land because of fog so we were rerouted. Once we landed, we were told to wait on the plane until they figured things out. After a few minutes, the pilot said everyone get off and find your own transportation. We got off and it was complete chaos. We were stuck in a different city for a night, paid for a hotel, rental car and lost a night in Hawaii that was already paid for. They were unorganized and rude about it. We were not reimbursed for anything.
I've heard that AA is the only airline that doesn't require as many flight hours as other airlines so I think the pilot was very inexperienced and didn't handle the situation well and was scared to try to land because we were the only plane diverted. Will not be flying with AA again.
Maryse R.
Circleville, OH
This is the airline I used most recently. I flew to Orlando and it was my sons first flight ever. The staff treated us very well and it really made him want to go again.
Monica D.
Henderson
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My last experience on this airline was pretty terrible. The flight attendants had huge unhelpful attitudes when dealing with passengers' issues, the airline up and canceled my flight after we had already boarded, then they had a total nonchalant attitude when telling us it was our responsibility to try and find another flight. My luggage didn't make it to me until day 3 into my trip and tracking it down in the first place was a real nightmare. Unfortunately, I think this is a typical experience on this airline....maybe not having all these things happen on the same trip, but the could-care-less attitude of the company. On the plus side, I did make it to and from my destination alive.
M W.
Saginaw, MI
I've had great experiences with American every time I've flown with them. One thing I love that stood out to me from my past experiences with other airlines is their notification program. You can choose email, text, etc., and they'll keep you updated every step of the way. This is particularly nice when gate changes occur. They come to you via text and tell you rather than the other way around. Super nice. As far as the actual flights, they've always been on time when I've used them... if not, early. They've always been great at the gate, too, if you're looking to see if you can change your seat. I've been really impressed with American Airlines.
Sandra H.
Irving
At one point we were so frustrated with American Airlines that we decided not to use them anymore, but eventually, we started flying American again.  We chose American on our last flight to Japan because it had the lowest non-stop rates and there was no way I wanted to make 2-3 stops and take a chance on misplaced luggage.  Our flight then was just fine.  We usually choose preferred seating for more room especially on the longer flights.   That last flight went smoothly.  I can't even remember the reason we got frustrated with American in the first place but we used United for the flights in between.   My next flight will more than likely be booked through American.
Mallory G.
Philadelphia
I have only missed a flight once in my life and it happened to be with American Airlines during a business trip. After arriving to the Boston airport 10 minutes before my flight, I anxiously approached an American staff member to get my boarding pass. The woman who assisted me was very patient and put me on standby for the next flight to Philadelphia. There was no charge for changing my flight - the man who assisted me at the gate even took the time to find me the best seat possible on the plane. Airports are extremely stressful, so any sign of good customer service really stands out. I now always fly American when choosing domestic flights.
Steiffany R.
Kodiak, AK
I travel roughly every month and one of my favorite airlines is American Airlines. One because it's affordable and the customer service is great. They very friendly staff at the ticketing and baggage counter. I always fly with my friends so whenever we request our seats to be all together they always grants it. They will welcome you to the plane with a big smile and serve your beverage and snacks. And the most important thing is I never experience delayed flights with them.
Berenice S.
Usually American Airlines works pretty well, most of my flights haven't been delayed. The sits are comfortable and the staff is usually nice. Obviously being a big airlines there have been times where it there has been some delayed and some staff seem like angry to be there. For the price they could give a more satisfying snack. Also the prices tent to be higher than other airlines. My last flight was Miami-Houston and back and it was perfect! The app to check in is great!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?