BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19959)
Stephanie Caroline C.
Denver, CO
The only reason I am not giving 5 stars to AA is because they lost my bag and took 2 months to find it. I'd send the paperwork and they would not give me a proper feedback. I had to keep calling and emailing. Reaching them was an impossible mission.
After two months of A LOT of work, I received a completely destroyed bag with many missing items. Took them a couple more months for them to refund me for the broken bag.
I used to love American Airlines, but that was all it took for me not want to fly with them anymore.
Shannon J.
Bellevue, WA
I have flown on American so many times in my life. They can get me a straight shot from LAX to BNA when I am going to see my dad. As far as the planes go they are pretty average. There is enough space for me but I am a smaller person. Could definitely use some more leg room. They offer in flight soda for free and have movies usually. I wish they hadn't have gotten on board with the whole charging for luggage thing. It's 25 for uour first checked luggage. The flights are normally pretty reliable but they do sometimes overbook.
Alex B.
I always fly American when I can. They have great flight routes, customer service, and clean flights. Their staff is there to do their job and ensures a safe but accommodating flight. I love their reward program with their frequent flyers and the boarding process is always seamless. If I have to fly American is my go to airline. I wish that some of the routes are more affordable for last minute travel, however if you book in advance you get a pretty good deal. You get what you pay for, and that’s all I can ask. We will continue to use and fly American
Bridget C.
Warner Robins, GA
I'm not a big fan of American Airlines. I like the fact that they have complementary food and drink on the plane ride, but they take poor care of your belongings. Unfortunately they broke my daughters stroller while I was traveling with my two kids which really inconvenienced me. I understand they have to make sure it wasn't broken too begin with, but the rep gave me such a hard time to the point a manager needed to be involved. She took one look at the stroller and knew it was brand new. Thankfully I received a reimbursement for my stroller, but I don't think I'll be flying with them anymore.
Shemshia D.
Seattle, WA
I was at Chicago O'Hare International Airport waiting to board a flight to the Fort Worth Texas Airport when we found out that the Flight Attendants who where supposed to be on that flight had went home. So we waiting an hour to an hour and a half for more Flight Attendants. By the time I got to Texas I was supposed to be boarding another flight to Seattle but they were about to take off meaning me and a couple of people had missed the last flight leaving Texas that night. I love how American Airlines handled the situation and put us in our own Hotel Rooms and paid for food. They also put us on another flight to Seattle the next morning. I would definitely fly with American Airlines again.
Ronia C.
Birmingham, AL
AA is just ok. I've received better customer service. Literally have had AA staff tell me Im going to make my connecting flights even though my flight was clearly not going to get me to my connecting destination on time. Have missed connecting flights on just one trip twice. Very disappointing that I didn't get rerouted in advance or get proper notice. Have experienced flight delays and planes that have mechanical issues more than once! I'd rather fly anything else! But sometimes you can't help the situation..
Oriana F.
Madison, WI
I love that they text me every time something happens, and even with the carousel where you’re luggage is. Last time they were delayed but still take care of it as gas as they could. Also, one time I lost my flight and they were really helpful, I mean, the person who helped me gave me two tickets, one for a wait list and another for the next fly to the city I needed to be (which was like 7 hours later) he wanted me to really get there and not to miss another flight, so he put me on the next flight that had availability but still tried to get me fast at the next right away. It was really cool, at the end I was able to get to the next flight from the wait list so I was on time for my meeting,
Marianne G.
Broomall, PA
We used American Airlines early January this year 2017 for my 60th birthday and to visit Las Vegas.
We had a 6.5 hr. delay. It wasn't easy however I'm patent and others were as well!
We all knew that the unexpected ice storm had much to do with things and there was nothing to do. When on board finally, I must say I haven't met such delightful, lighthearted and caring flight attendants in a long time! It made the entire flight so nice. I have to say I'd give AA 4 stars since one cannot blame weather for delays.
Shannon S.
Edgewater, MD
My first flight's takeoff was delayed, nearly causing me to miss my next flight as I only had an hour layover. I just made it on my 2nd plane, but of course my bags did not. They were not at all helpful in getting my bags to me in a timely matter. I had to go out of my way to travel 30 minutes back to the airport to get my bags over 12 hours later, in a city where I had no transportation as everything near where I was staying was walkable. On top of all that, they had forced me to check my carry-on as well so I had NOTHING. No clothes, not even a phone charger. I was never offered any kind of compensation for the inconvenience other than to credit my $25 bag fee. They never did. I was also supposed to receive a $100 credit on my AA credit card that I never did, not related to the error, just a new account bonus, but that's probably more on CitiBank than AA. Still, not happy with either.
Mallory W.
Virginia Bch, VA
I give it two stars and it's sad because I fly on it the most. I think they used to be a wonderful company but have been slowly getting worse over the years. Every time I travel there is a delay due to some kind of mechanical error or a missing staff member. Flights are overbooked, my parents had to give up their first class tickets because the woman at the terminal accidentally bumped someone else up to their seats to make up for some other error. I fly them because I have miles, and my parents have miles and they buy a lot of my tickets.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?