BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19991)
Kimberley M.
Yorktown, VA
Where do I start!! American Airlines is simply the worst..I travel with American when there is no other choice and I have to get back for work. I have been on American Airlines flights that have had mechanical problems mid flight and we had to emergency land or turn back about 3 times. I have been on a flight where a prisoner being transported was sat in the seat right behind me and harassed me despite the efforts of the IS Marshals! They have cancelled my flight without notifying me, so I got to the Airport couldn't check-in at the kiosk and they were like Oh yeah, by the way that flight was cancelled! 😒😒 poor customer service all around at the counter on the flight...you name it! I have been stranded and delayed more times than I can count with American Airlines! Straight horrible!
Rae S.
Some of the planes American Airlines offers are spacious and offer free movies and tv which is great. However, I have had some poor experience with this airline overall. They have a $200 change fee to change any existing ticket. In my most recent experience with them, I had scheduled a trip and attempted to change my departure date to earlier. The $200 change fee made no sense, leaving my with a ticket price more expensive than just purchasing a new ticket entirely. After a conversation withAA I ended up purchasing a flight out with a different airline and just eating the cost of the outbound flight. The day before my flight home I went to check in and they had cancelled my flight because I hadn't used my outbound flight, leaving me stranded away from home for another entire week.
Johnnie V.
Danville
The Flight was lovely and on time,everyone who was employed there that came into contact with me were extremely helpful and nice.This was my first time flying so I didn’t know what to do or where to go so I had a lot of help from the folks that worked there.
I was rather nervous at first but the crew they had really made me feel welcome and calm. The only bad thing about it was during my flight transfer I bought  a sandwich didn’t like the bread.

I have to say everything went smoothly and if I get the chance to fly again it will definitely be with American Airlines
Rene R.
Barstow, CA
I wouldn't recommend anyone using this flying company. I can't name one time that we didn't have an issue with them, it either being unecessarly losing our baggages, things breaking IN our baggage, seats being paid for and then losing them for no reason or even just other issues! I could go on. While yes, it is one of the most affordable carriers you can fly on, I would just heavily stay away from them as they've caused a lot of issues. Also don't even bother reporting anything to corperate as they don't take anyone's calls very seriously and will send you in a spiraling loop of "go and call this number for more assistance", nothing good has come out of flying AA and nothing will ever change my mind about this carrier unless they work on their staffing and get their **** together.
cckanakeli
chicago
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I’ve been flying AA for as long as I can remember. They’ve always been great. Prices are affordable if you can find a deal. Baggage fees are a little steep if you want to check in a bag.
Dianelys C.
Tight leg space, only snacks in a 6 hour flight and not good snacks. I understand they are trying to keep costs down. This is common in other airlines so no need to complain much.
Maggie C.
Oh. Don't even get me started. I will NEVER fly American again. Every single time I fly them I have been delayed or cancelled. One time my mom, 2 little sisters, and I were flying home to KY from NYC. After being delayed for about 4 hours (in increments of about 15 mins), they cancelled our flight. We had school the next morning. They put us on the next flight to Lexington, KY-- 2.5 hours from our city, but they told us transportation home would be provided since the flight was cancelled for technical difficulties.  We get to Lexington to find out all of AA's desks and services were closed. Finally we found one person who called their manager only to tell us we would be responsible for our own ride due to how late it was (it was about 1 am at this point), so the 4 of us had to get a Taxi and pay for it ourselves for the 2.5 hour ride home. They ignored us with on every form of communication to pay us back for the ride. Never. Again.
Ashley T.
Leesburg, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I always enjoy myself on AA. In my personal experience, the crews are more friendly and accommodating than United. Seems service has been drastically cut, along with the "glamour" that used to come along with flying, across all carriers. But even so, American's flight crew has always made it one of my more pleasant commutes. Maybe it's because I'm from the south, but in my opinion, things like a smile and a "please" or "thank you" go a long way. American is among the few who remember that! The only reason I don't give 5 stars is for the comfort of the seats themselves (Economy. I've never flown Business or First on this airline) and the expense of food for the quality. However- those things are more happily forgiven when you have a friendly and accommodating crew!
Monica V.
Eastvale, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I RECENTLY FLEW AMERICAN AIRLINES GOING TO PUERTO RICO LAST WEEK AND I WAS NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THERE SERVICE. OUR FLIGHT COULD NOT LAND IN DALLAS FORTWORTH DUE TO A THUNDER STORM, AND WE HAD TO DO AN EMERGENCY STOP IN HOUSTON BECAUSE WE WERE RUNNING OUT OF FUEL. WE WHEN LANDED IN HOUSTON OUR PILOT ANNOUNCED HE WAS NO LONGER ABLE TO FLY US BECAUSE HE HAD REACH HIS MAXIMUM FLYING HOURS. SO WE HAD TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER PILOT OR FLIGHT. SO AFTER ALL OF THIS HAPPENING AND ARRIVING TO OUR DESTINATION 12 HOURS LATER, I EMAILED AMERICAN AIRLINES TO SEE IF THE COULD GIVE US SOME SORT OF CREDIT FOR OUR TIME AND MONEY LOST, AND THEY SAID NO. SO I WAS PRETTY UPSET BECAUSE IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT AND THEY COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER ORGANIZED SINCE I'M SURE THEY DEAL WITH THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS OFTEN.
Jareinmy F.
Homestead
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Average airline. Can get a little pricey but the quality is great. It is unfortunate that they are not including the baggage fees. I find this is driving up pricing
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?