BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (20013)
Jackie S.
American Airlines is based in the D/FW Metroplex, so it's the most convenient airline for me to use. However, American started all this BS price gouging for baggage fees, premium seat fees, etc., and I hate them for it. Given a chance, I'll select another carrier, and often for a lesser fee than American charges. The cost of the seat should be the cost of the seat. PERIOD. All these add-ons and fees make it difficult for a budget-minded individual to travel. American has tightened the availability on using its frequent flyer miles program, which absolutely stinks. Those miles were earned under certain rules, and those miles should be redeemed under the same rules that they were earned within. American is a very, very greedy airline. Good luck ever finding an available seat if you're traveling on American Addvantage miles. American has "one or two" seats per flight that it "gives up" from full revenue to use for its Aadvantage program. Shame on American. Greed. Greed. Greed.
Amanda A.
Louisville
I normally fly with American because they have the most number of flights to where I’m traveling too. I’ve travelled a lot the past few years and never had a bad experience with american.
Sydney L.
Westlake, LA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
If I fly local, I fly American. Their app is great. It's easy to upgrade seating. Staff are always accommodating. They check your bag for free if carry-on storage is full.
Yeni A.
Emmaus, PA
I've never had a problem with American Airlines. I fly with them often and I love that I get to have my carry on for free. I can usually pack everything into one backpack( camping size) and then I just take that with me and don't have to pay for luggage, saving myself some money on that. I am a light packer though, but i've packed for a month before with just a backpack. I also like that for longer flights they include movies or shows and snacks.
Ashley L.
Macomb, MI
I generally like flying with American. However, I went to Africa this past summer and chose American to connect me from Chicago back to Michigan. I was exhausted from traveling for over 36 hours and wanted to get the rest of the way home. I got on the flight and sat there for 3 hours before they told us that the flight was cancelled (at midnight) because the crew was over hours and they could not get a different crew. When I called customer service I was told that I would not be able to get another flight to Detroit until 7 pm the next day, but I would have to fly to Washington first. I was not offered hotel compensation for that night either. I should not have had to wait almost 24 hours from the time of my original flight to get a new one and then had to fly half way across the country before coming back to Detroit. Customer service should have found a better solution for us all.
Ellyn H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had one bad experience with American, but I don't know that it was the airline's fault. I was travelling from Dallas to OKC, and my flight to OKC was delayed (by hours) AND the gate was changed, but I was not informed. I went to the gate that was printed on my ticket (and it was on my phone app), and the screen said it was boarding a flight to LAX! So I talked to the lady at the check in counter, who informed me that my gate was changed. I went to the new gate, and the plane wasn't there. They kept telling me that the plane would be here in 30 minutes (multiple times), and it turned out that the flight was 2 hours delayed.  I could have driven to OKC in that period of time. The flight to OKC from Dallas is only like 30 minutes, so I waited in the airport WAY longer than it even took to fly there.
I have flown American many times and this is my only complaint.
Anna J.
Elmhurst, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The service is pretty decent, though there are always delays. There have also been occasions that I've flown with them that they were less than cooperative with overbooking
MeiJen C.
nixa
Not a great airline. I used them last year for my honeymoon. We booked a flight from Miami back home but it was during hurricane Irma. We tried to evacuate and cancel our flight because of the rude customer service and use another airline to reroute our trip to salvage our honeymoon. They did not give us a full refund because we cancelled the day before they closed all the airports. If we did not cancel the day before we would have been stuck in Florida during the hurricane. They only gave us a partial refund and a small credit that expires a year from the original date so we would have to spend even more. Poor service during a weather disaster. Ruined our honeymoon.
Nilda R.
Mattapan, MA
I went on a recent trip to Florida and flew down via American Airlines. The flight going down was great, but the flight up was the issue. We had a 15 minute delay at the gate and considering I was on a connecting flight, that was very concerning. I made my flight with 5 minutes to spare when the layover was suppose to be 40 minutes. The attendants were great and very friendly and gave my son all sorts of goodies (extra cookies and a set of wings). The free wi-fi was a plus in my book and with the download of an app I was able to watch movies for free (plus-plus). Overall I was very pleased with American Airlines but will probably be cautious with connecting flights.
Haley C.
American Airlines has nice service and even on one of their small planes I was comfortable. If your thinking about flying this company I wouldn’t stop you cause the flight attendants are all really nice.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?