American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,938 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
It’s been a while since I’ve flown American so to give it a fair review, I’m saying 3! I don’t remember it being overly pleasant, but it also wasn’t overly un-pleasant.
I havent flown AA in awhile, but when I did. It was a good airline to travel through. Staff was friendly, offered beverages during flight, and offered a movie as well.
I miss US Airways before they merged with American; during the early days of the merger, my flight grievances were much more well-handled by US Airways employees who helped me so much when I kept getting stranded by harsh winter weather. American, on the other hand, would give me different quotes on cancellation fees depending on who I talked to, showing that there was no standardization. Too many of the employees were very rude, aggressive, or patronizing. Not all of them were (and thank you so much to the ones who actually try to help their customers; we really do appreciate it), but too many left a bad taste in my mouth. The only reason I take American flights is if the flight is significantly cheaper than any other offer out there. And I mean, significantly.
The comfort of a fly is very low. I used it several times and definitely has a lack of what Lufthansa offers. Everything is limited and for everything you need to pay.
Reliable, friendly service, American Airlines is an affordable flying option. Wonderful crew members and communicative pilots help make flying American a great option.
great staff, great airplane food, broad selection of destinations, comfortable leg room, decent prices, overall go above and beyond to assue their customers are happy.
I was a Us Air customer and since they have joined with American the customer service has definitely decreased. Flying just isn’t as customer friendly as it use to be.
I've always loved flying American Airlines. The seats are roomy enough and I've always had good customer service. I will definitely use them in the future.
I really enjoy how versatile American Airlines is as a company. This airline is filled with great personnel and I find it easy to travel, no matter which class I’m in!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos