BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Savannah B.
Richmond, VA
I've had far too many negative experiences with American Airlines to ever even purchase a ticket from them ever again. I have had ridiculous delays for no reason and horrible management from the staff there for about THREE YEARS STRAIGHT. After the amount of times I flew with them, there is clearly a problem within the company, not just a few bad experiences.
Gabbi M.
Long Grove, IL
This is a great airline. I was coming back from a cruise and waited at the airport for hours before my flight, and the AA ladies at the gate had such good customer service! After having a bad experience with Frontier airlines flying to Miami, the good customer service AA provided was very refreshing. The staff let us board early, and even gave us free checked bags.
Ariana J.
Apopka, FL
American Airlines are okay I guess, the food is really not that great. The seats are uncomfortable and very close together. But the flight attendants are very nice. The few times I few with them the entertainment systems were not working and I was on a very long flight. My flight to Hawaii had no entertainment systems so that was 6 hours of boredom and not comfort.
A N.
Miami
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines Arline company was one of my favorite earlines since I can remember,but 3 months ago I had bought a ticket to go on vacations to D.R and the same day I was supposed to travel my cousin passed away in P.R. I was trying to change my flight to a closer and cheaper destination but they were asking in what hospital my cousin passed and a bunch of stuff that at moment with the shock of the lost and how far I was from my family I couldn’t provide them with. It was so hard and frustrating the Situation they were so cold and truly didn’t care. I couldn’t flight to the funeral bc of the ridiculous amount of money they were asking me for... that situation marked my life forever. It was very disappointing...
Sandy B.
buffalp
Not my favorite airline for many reasons. Flight staff is rude. You are given small propeller planes to certain airports without knowing until you get there. I’m taking SMALL planes. No carry in luggage is allowed on these little propeller planes or the little jets they have. You’re not told ahead of time so you’re stuck trying to get on the plane and empty all your valuables (Carry them in your hands on the plane) and give them the bag that WAS holding your stuff for them to check under the plane. I was left carry cameras, camera lens, my laptop and a lot of other fragile, important stuff. And trust me this wasn’t just a one time occurrence. Flights always delayed. Do yourself a favor and just never fly American.
Carolyn M.
Bellefonte, PA
Only thing I hate about flying American is it seems they are always backed up on the runways. Always have to wait a really long time for other American flights to take off, traffic jams and that kinda thing. Almost always have to sit on the flight at least 40 mins to an hour because they say their is a traffic jam. Never have this issue with any other airline.
Kim G.
I purchased a one way ticket online & realized it was not for the correct date. I immediately cancelled the flight. I received the cancellation notification & to my surprise, I was still charged for the flight. I called American Airlines & spoke with a customer service representative about the issue, explaining that I booked a flight for the wrong date (a day later than needed) & that I cancelled immediately (less than 10 minutes after booking). I was told that the only thing that could be done about it was that I could pay $200 to have the flight date changed, on top of the $130 I already spent on the ticket. They were not sympathetic or understanding at all & ultimately I was out $130 for a cancelled flight.
Andy S.
winter haven
I flew this airline the whole time I was with the USAF and Depth of State. I had 700,000 + miles with them. They then expired all but 50,000 miles and started charging me baggage fees. AA flies almost anywhere you want to go, but if you fly with them you will be sorry you are there. I do have a choice of airlines and I now choose ANYONE else.
Felicia B.
Queens, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The worst. The worst. The worst. Rude customer service. Ridiculous prices. I once was reschedule to a later flight because I finally got to the check in counter 1hr and 48 min before my DOMESTIC flight after waiting over 30 minutes in line, and was told I was too late to check in I must be there 2 hrs or more which is ridiculous if I spent that time in line.
Amelia E.
Dayton
I needed to change a flight last minute and the fee to change was as much as the actual ticket would cost. So I just bought a separate ticket. Honestly what is the point of a policy like that? How does that help the customer? And does anyone actually pay that fee, or just decide to buy a new ticket since that would be $200 less. I was pretty disappointed
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?