American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
I have only flown American Airlines once out of the many times I've flown. As far as I can remember nothing caused me to be displeased with the service.
I rarely fly AA, and usually don’t enjoy it. Everything is pretty economy feeling, the terminals at most airports need updating and there is not much that rave about for in-flight services. I try not to fly this airline, they are often cheap and feels outdated. Not the worst, just not preferred.
American Airlines is so accomodating. My mom and I were late for a flight after being held up in the TSA lines. They waited for us for a few minutes because we were already checked into our flight. Even though we held up the plane, they were so nice and understanding.
Honestly do not waste your money. Fly Spirit. I flew AA from Chicago to Miami which connected with their sister flight to Peru. I bought my tickets through the AA site & I couldn’t seem to check in the night before leaving Peru on AA or Latam airlines. The group I was with for my mission trip arrived before the airport even opened & started checking guests in & accepting baggage. I checked in at the airport which is an hour before Miami... I ended up being told I didn’t have a seat because the flight was overbooked. I watched as not only did I & 3 other people not “have seats” but so did a group of 10 people on the gate next to mine. They said “we’re waiting to see if people show up to give you a seat” IF I AM AT THE AIRPORT & AT THE GATE GIVE ME THE SEAT? Complete bullshit. I had bought my tickets in JANUARY for this flight in June. NO REASON this should have happened. This is such a common occurrence with AA & I will NOT be paying to fly with them again. HORRIBLE customer service & a HORRIBLE service they provide.
I flew American earlier this year when going to Bermuda. It was a quick flight. I thought I lost my passport and they did everything to try to hold the flight so I could find it
Meals should also be served during domestic (short) flights. I've been in the SFO TO IAH flight and vice versa, both experiences are okay.
I’ve never had a bad experience with American Airlines! They treat you with such respect and profession!
The one time I took a flight with American Airlines the service was great. They had refreshments and comfy seats. Although they could have had a better selection of snacks it was perfectly okay. I would recommend this company.
I have had normal experiences with American. Nothing earthshattering in a good or bad way to report back.
I’m at an American hub so this is one of my top two airlines I fly for business and pleasure. Always good customer service, good direct flight options to most cities and decent prices too. Don’t forget to sign up for all travel loyalty programs! Don’t leave points on the table!
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos