American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 747 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines is fairly priced and the service is average. I have no complaints about the airline but there is also nothing that stands out about them to make them top any of the other airlines that I have traveled with.
I mean it's a decent airline. However, I find the tickets to be expensive and then they charge an arm and a leg for bags.
I’ve never had an issue with American Airlines. The flights have been comfortable and pleasant. Every employee was cordial and helpful when needed.
I’ve had my fair share of flight delays and cancellations with AA. In fact, I’d say roughly half of my flights have been significantly late or cancelled. Surprising for an airline that boasts itself as “mid-tier”. The plane also isn’t very clean but is in the same price range as nicer airlines like Delta. I don’t recommend unless you have no other choice.
I avoid American Airlines like the plague. I used to book with them quite a bit with little to no issue. Then the last three times I flew with them all of my connecting flights were delayed. While I was delayed I noticed other people that were going to other destinations were also delayed and given the same excuse that their flight crew was delayed. I found it very hard to believe that several flight crews were delayed and that it happened on multiple occasions. My personal belief is that they overbook and their customer service is horrible. I go out of my way not to book with American Airlines even if they have a cheaper price and a more convenient flight.
I fly American most of the time. They usually have a lot of flights wherever I’m going. The customer service has never been an issue for me. The seating is comfortable and I will continue to travel with this airline
I travel a lot for work and American Airlines is the preferred company to use. I never had any issues on a flight. The staff seems to be pleasant and helpful. I catch an American flight every 3 months for work. My bags have never been lost or damaged during travel
They’re okay...not the best and try to charge you anywhere they can to get more money. I traveled 2 through here and doubt i will again
This is always a hit or miss. Sometimes they have amazing flights on new Boeings or aircrafts, sometimes you get stuck with the super crappy ones with awful seats. Overall, it’s usually worth it if you get a nice discount or a fair deal, if not, I’d probably head over to Delta
I’ve used American a couple times, and have no complaints. The inflight staff are kind, the flights are easy going and it has a competitive price. Their flights are always smooth for me
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
When is the best time to fly?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos