BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19887)
🌼Hermine-Jane 🌼.
Glendale, CA
Everywhere we have wanted to go, American Airlines has always had a flight that worked for our schedule. Traveling with 2 children is never fun, but all the attendants and staff make the flight as enjoyable as can be. We’ve received free movies for the kids, and one captain even let my toddler sit in the cockpit for a moment just so he could calm down. Since upgrading their planes, we’ve used AA more and more. And will continue to use it. American Airlines Airline Company
Sab C.
Jacksonville
Ehhhh. I don’t ever really get a good experience going through them. Let me tell a story. So we are supposed to land in Dallas but there’s a storm so we can’t so we end up landing in El Paso at a tiny airport so we can’t get off the plane yet due to no customs agents present (we flew in from Korea, 14 hours!). So we waited ALL DAY. And we had to stay on the plane. It sucked. No food or anything. Then we finally get off after like 10 hours and the food we are provided is a measly personal pan pizza ( I was v hungry) at least they paid for our hotel. Thank God. Then when we finally made it to our destination our luggage was lost -___- so that’s it.
Jen B.
Morgantown, WV
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Growing up, I loved American Airlines because of the wings pin they gave out to kids. This is always how I’ll think of American Airlines. Even if they aren’t my first choice anymore, I would fly them if the price was right. Their customer service is good, and they have a wide range of flight options.
Maria C.
Virginia Beach
Purchased at: CheapFlightsNow
I will never recommend this flight to anyone. I had the worst experience ever with them. So my flight supposed to be at 8:00am and they delayed it until 11:00AM. On the way back the flight was delayed three times and after getting on plane was waiting for another 2 hours. And that’s not all, the captain informed us that the flight was canceled and we have to return to the gate blaming to the air traffic. My friend was going to the same destination with different airline company, with no delays. So American Airline didn’t provide any meal or hotel for that night or even a taxi to get to the city.
Wylie, TX
I have traveled on American Airlines for many years.  I had no complaints until a couple years ago.  We were in Miami heading back home to DFW and I witnessed an American Airline ticketing agent being so extremely rude to a care-giver of a handicapped person.  The whole incident upset me so much I took photos with my phone and also sent American Airlines a message to make them aware also.  There was absolutely no reason or excuse for the ticketing agent to talk to and treat a passenger that way. We have since switched to another airline for our air travel needs.
Leslie M.
Fort Worth, TX
I love flying with American Airlines. Flight attendants are always super nice and pretty much I’ve always experienced good customer service when dealing with the front desk. Only bad thing is that I feel that they keep raising their fees and always having new restrictions that can at times be crazy.
Mariah D.
New Windsor
Not the best customer service. Our flight was delayed due to maintanence issues by two hours initially and they only told us after an hour of sitting on the plane. Then they told us we had another delay and retracted that statement 5 minutes later and realized it 15 minutes later. Poor communication. After spending 12hours in a terminal with angry customers from 2 other canceled flight all they had to show for themselves were sad deli sandwiches, a bag of chips, and cans of soda. worst flight experience ever and we lost out on over $1500 dollar because we missed a full day at the resort.
Samantha T.
Burbank, CA
I have only used American twice and the last time scared me to the point that I will avoid this airlines if I can.  During takeoff, the seat in front of my travel partner suddenly flew back and the passenger in said seat was suddenly in my friend's lap.  Both had a look of terror on their faces as they tried to get the seat to go back in an upright position.  I'm fairly certain the seat was in the upright and locked position before take off.  Eventually we were able to get the seat out of my friend's lap but it was an experience I do not ever want to repeat.
alyssa M.
Oceanside, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew AA to Japan & had a good flight going there. Upon the return, my flight got delayed 4 hours so I decided to get my luggage and drive home. It took them 3 hours to find it, they did not update me as i had to ask them. Would NEVER fly with them again, even with the $100 voucher they gave me.
Kristin B.
Toluca Lake, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
American is a hit or miss for me. I have enjoyed some flights (mostly international although they could serve more food on those flights), and then hated other flights (mostly their domestic flights). They sometimes have great price deals and generally their customer service has been ok for me.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?