BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19945)
Meghan S.
Washington, DC
I like American muchhhh better than other airlines. They tend to have more flights in and out of major cities than the other airlines and the plans are always well-kept. The only time I have ever had an issue was with baggage. I was moving states but only had the time to bring a few suitcases with me. I checked before to estimate the cost of my luggage and when I arrived to check-in it was 5 times the amount I had estimated based off of their online information. I was LIVID....however, as far as in-flight luxury goes, American certainly beats many other competitors in cleanliness, leg room and overall compartment space.
Joy S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Luckily, I fly out of a major hub so delays are very rare. Generally, service has been friendly, but you can feel the stress on the plane and at the gates. It seems like the reduction of services hasn’t just affected passengers. Their frequent flyer program has worked well for me, as an annual holiday passenger.
Talva L.
Nashville, TN
American Airlines is a decent airline especially when I have to travel non-stop to certain cities. I can say I took American Airlines when I travel to Panama City, Panama for vacation. I was able to get upgraded to first class and I can say I had a great experience, but on the flip side when I had to travel to the Bahamas for a wedding. I ended up get stuck in my connector city for an extra day due to plane malfunctions. I ended up having to switch airlines to get to may destination in time for the wedding. I truly hope that American Airlines have and will update their planes to the Island. Otherwise for domestic travel they are pretty good airlines.
Cate S.
Pittsburgh, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
While the flights are relatively on par with any other service, the customer service is deplorable.  I had missed on of my layovers due to a late first-leg flight and was accommodated with a 2 star hotel that looked like something out of a cheap horror movie.  i was worried about bugs.  They also gave me a $20 meal voucher which was to cover both breakfast and lunch.  This is fine if going to get fast food but they suggested an Applebees (where you cannot get 2 meals for $20).  American Airlines really needs to work on how they accommodate their customers who miss flights due to their delays.
Kylee P.
Kenosha, WI
I enjoyed American Airlines despite my fear of flying. They have great customer service and easy to use app and website. I flew with them for my honeymoon. They offer WiFi and food and some planes have TVs in each seat which is very nice and you can watch movies during your flight. Would recommend to anyone.
Methzy M.
Riverside
This airline just has a long wait everyone I have used it. It’s definitely not as expensive nor to great of a price, but I have gone with other airplane company’s who are cheaper and never have has much delayed planes as American Airlines. But I give it 3 stars because the customer service is always great.
Myisha S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Decent airlines nice snacks. Not the brightest when it comes to delays. I was on a school trip we were flying from San Antonio to houston to detroit. Well they were having flash storms and wouldnt let no flights land in Houston. Well we finally got the clear after an hour and as soon as we land in houston american airlines didnt think it was smart to hold the flight for the 20 something people that were connecting to the detroit flight. They didnt even put us on the next flight they were very unorganized and had to compensate us multiple days after the incident. Ever since then i steer clear of American.
Samantha L.
Abington, MA
American Airlines can be great or it can be awful! It all depends on the aircraft that you are put on. I flew to Hawaii from Phoenix and only had a “communal” tv with the worst movies ever. On my way home from Hawaii we had a different air craft that had the amenities you would except for an 8 hour flight.
Lizzy C.
Tucson, AZ
American is my pride and joy. I have been a customer since I was 6 years old and I will use it for life. The flight attendants do whatever they can to make sure the flyers have a pleasant experience. The service is great, clean planes, timely (most of the time), and of course excellent and skilled pilots.
Michelle B.
otoe
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Really didn’t enjoy American Airlines and I won’t fly them again. It was a really uncomfortable flight, even after we upgraded our seats for the trip home. They charge for every little thing. The attendants were good. The seating was awful though, I’m short and I still felt like my knees were in my face!
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?