BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• American Airlines Airline Company would anyone suggest Th...4 Answers
  • Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Catherine B.
Washington, D.C.
Not my favorite airline. I only take American when I have to. Seats are really small and uncomfortable. Not a lot of leg room either. Very hard to get customer service on the phone and upgrades are super expensive. No tvs either. I recently had an extremely uncomfortable flight from Las Vegas to D.C. That I could not wait to get off of.
Randall I.
Kihei, HI
The flight itself on American is always nice. The seats are comfortable and the service/amenities are good. The reason I gave 2 stars is because their phone customer service is NOT GOOD. They had no sympathy for an urgent situation I had that caused a travel hiccup and refused to change my flight without charging me a $200 fee and they wouldn't even offer me a travel credit. I know that's their policy but they are more than able to waive such fee's or offer credit (I've had other airlines do so) and in the end I lost out on the entire flight. The lady I spoke with was rude and ended up hanging up on me. I wrote a complaint email and never received a response back.
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
While flying to Key West we were invited to apply for the AADVANTAGE credit card and earn 500 inflight miles. So my information such as name, birthday, ss number... All the things you hope are being controlled by a professional organization, was given. Well, it's been a week and no follow up from Citibank. American Airline says it's not their issue and Citi says they only offer apologies, but can give me a card but will not honor the 500 inflight miles their partners, the airline, had promised. I asked customer service if I could get their ss numbers and they laughed. I didn't get the joke!!! Don't fill out for credit cards on flights. Could it be the alcohol they serve and then offer services? You should decide on with a clear head.
Melissa W.
Deatsville, AL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We flew American to Hawaii recently and although we had an overall pleasant experience we would not choose this airline again. The plane was old and very tight. The food left a lot to be desired and the in flight entertainment was lacking. I could have flown a better airline for the same cost and probably would have enjoyed it much more.
Shay N.
Atlanta, GA
I try to avoid flying American Airlines at all costs. My first time flying with them I had a plane swap in LA and the plane I was supposed to fly to Tuscon Arizona in had issues so I was stranded in LA for the night and was late arriving to my brother’s. I tried to speak to customer service and they were not helpful. They claimed there was no number to call, this was 2015 at the time who didn’t have a customer service line?! They compensated me by giving me miles that weren’t good for anything unless I was able to fly with them more to accumulate enough for a flight. Those miles expired and I haven’t touched that account since. Worst flight experience of my life.
Ashley C.
Grand Prairie, TX
I have flown with American Airlines for multiple years now. They are always friendly and accommodating, the flight attendant helped me when my 1 year old son was ticketed for the wrong seat and had to be moved. The other passenger was accepting of the changes and my flight always goes smoothly and comfortably aboard American Airlines.
devyn s.
new york
This is the third time in a row I have flown with American Airlines and they delayed the departure time by more than 2 hours, not because of the weather but because of “mechanical issues”. Last time it was delayed a total of 5 hours. It is extremely frustrating to be stranded in an airport for such an excessive amount of time because the airline repeatedly has issues with their planes. I realize there are situations that cannot avoided, but for such a lucrative airline I would expect they could afford to have modern planes that don’t require maintenance an hour before departure time. I kept thinking these were random situations that don’t happen too often, but it seems to be American Airlines norm.
Ayah L.
Elk Grove, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
When booking my flight to vacation this summer I was originally scheduled to have one of my flights to be in Iberia Airlines. I was a bit nervous since I didn't know much about it but it turned out to be under American Airlines. Their entertainment is great. I believe it had the most diverse number of movies I had seen in an Airlines.
Yasmeen C.
This is an airline I’ll probably never travel again. For some reason they are NEVER on time and are always looking to move people because they’re overbooked. Not to mention a normal 3 hour flight almost always have connecting flights. Their staff is friendly, comfortable seats and flights but I wouldn’t travel this airline
Toni T.
Rosamond, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I'm not a big fan of what has happened to Airlines these days you have to pay for every little thing including your snacks or you don't get any snacks except maybe a small bag of peanuts the seats are very crowded the pull down trees are about the size of your finger and you don't get the service that you used to on airlines. I miss the days of comfort and meals and movies. Airplane flights are just not what they used to be you get crushed in like cattle and your starve to death and you're bored and I wish they would go back to the old days I'm flying American descent Airline but again they made so many shortcuts that it doesn't make the flight enjoyable
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?