BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19974)
Taylor P.
Philadelphia, PA
The few times I took American Airlines it was a fine experience. I received a complimentary snack. Sometimes there's a panel on the back of your seat so you can watch a free movie. Sometimes AA is a little too expensive for me but it's definitely more comfortable.
Kelsey K.
carrollton tx
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
American Airlines travels to such a great variety of locations and you can often find good prices. The newer planes have a screen on the back of the head ready in front of you with free games, movies, tv shows, and magazines. That made my flight go by sooooooo much faster.
Rachel M.
Miami
I tend to travel mostly with American, it is at a good price and at least from my trips I have always being right on schedule. I tend to travel very often like 3 times a year or maybe a little more. My favorite part is the attention I receive inside the plane.
andrea c.
I fly at least once every couple of months. I have had really bad experience with the service given by many of the personnel, mostly in dallas, and buenos aires. I do really appreciate the mostly on time flights and the good quality of the in flight entertainment.
Savannah D.
Florence
The employees are great, and everyone greets you by name once they’ve seen your ticket, which makes it feel personal. The plane is comfortable, and you have a decent amount of room as well.
They do hide their fees a bit, like you don’t get the complimentary drinks.
Jordan B.
Grand Rapids
I have had mostly good experiences with American airlines. I feel like everytime I have had a layover with them, my connecting flight took off before I got there. The customer service was great though and always helped in the situation. I would fly with them again!
Natalia M.
Everytime I use this airline I waste a lot of time. I traveled last month and I got delays in my both trips. More than 2 hours of delays. They keep updating you about how the airplane it is delay but they never say what’s wrong or what time are we supposed to go in
Shayna W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
The last time I flew American Airlines was about 3 weeks ago to fly to LA from Connecticut. When I started my trip checking in my bag the kiosk would not take my debit card so I had to go to the desk so they could manually check me in. The desk agent let me know that my connecting flight through D.C. Would be taking me through BOTH airports and that I would be responsible for finding my way from one airport to the other in time for my next flight. Not only was it inconvenient and unexpected but the desk agents attitude about it was pretty much oh well can't do anything about it and that they would not even attempt to try to find another flight out of the airline I'd be landing in.
Thus ensued the frantic checking of the metro schedule and bus lines to figure out transfers, connections, and overall how much time it would take to get from Dulles to Reagan. For someone like me with very high levels of anxiety this was not a fun task.
I'm still not sure why an airline would even book a flight this way and expect patrons to take on the unexpected (if minimal compared to the overall price cost) and added stress of getting from one airport to the other in rush hour traffic without missing their connecting flight.
The redeeming moment and the reason this review even has 2 stars is because once I got to the airport where my connecting flight was the desk agent saw the bedraggled look on my face and upgraded my seat no questions asked and pointed me to the closest airport bar.
The flight experience was overall un-noteworthy but the customer service skills of the employees in certain airports could absolutely be improved across the board. As well as the unnecessary, lengthy, and stress inducing "gate" but really entire airport change across a city.
Renee L.
Chicago
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It get me where I’m going. The thing about me is I don’t like is the feeling of inferior. This airline has first class area and people in the class is offered meals and drinks while everyone else has peanuts and soda. Everyone on the plane is going the same place.
Elaine O.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I always flew AA for work, I never really had any problems, delays and other frustrating things are on par with every other airline. I do feel their planes can use some updating and I’d love to actually get full snacks, but overall I’m not unhappy on their flights.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?