BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? ūüĆŹ American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19973)
Erika O.
Crystal Lake, IL
From the first childhood memory I have of riding on a plane, to my most current flight, less than three months ago, I have always flown with American Airlines, and never have been disappointed. American's service is nothing less than phenomenal, and wonderfully accommodating.
Ashley M.
In June 2018, it was my first time flying american airlines. My experience with them was much better than i expected. I had to change planes twice which was fine. The flight attendants and captain were very friendly and the plane was clean. It would definitely recommend them
Danielle H.
This is a reliable airline. Their customer service is adequate. The planes themselves are not that well cared for and the seats are SUPER close together limiting your foot room. Even though I'm very short it's super uncomfortable but that seems to be the trend on all airlines these days.
Dani W.
Shreveport, LA
I’ve flown American more times than I can count! The staff is always friendly, and they always manage to give you a drink and a snack even on the shortest of flights. I appreciate that they check your small baggage so that you don’t have to bother with it most of your trip!
Candace R.
Rochester, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I gave this airline two stars because its always gotten me from point A to point B but aside from that unless price is your first concern, I wouldn't recommend. The aircraft was quite cramped and there was no in-flight entertainment. Not to mention a very unmemorable staff.
Sarah D.
boston, MA
I flew on a round-trip flight operated by American Airways cross-Atlantic recently.

While the flights left on time and made their journey without any issues, I was disappointed by the service provided on the planes.

First of all, American did not feel the need to notify customers that these long haul flights would not have personal entertainment in flight. There were two or maybe three televisions on the plane, which were difficult to see at best and which played movies that you obviously had no control over. With the amount that I paid, and the length of the flight, I would have at least wished to be informed of the entertainment set-up so that I could have brought something additional to do.

Secondly, American Airlines failed to honor my request for vegetarian food on my return flight. With a flight length of over 8 hours and a travel time closer to ten including boarding and taxing times, we spent a long time on the plane and were served two meals.

I contacted American before the flight to confirm that there would be vegetarian meals provided. I also asked a flight attendant on board to double check this request before take-off.

For the first meal, American gave away every vegetarian meal and failed to set one aside for me. Because I sat closer to the back of the plane, I wasn't served the vegetarian meal I was promised. The flight attendant told me that it was my fault for not asking for one beforehand even though I had confirmed this twice.

For the second me served aboard this flight, there was not even a vegetarian option available. When asked if there was anything that they could serve me, as I had not eaten yet, I was told again that this was my own fault.

While American got me there and back on time, the service left a lot to be desired.
Veronica C.
So far so good! Every flight has been pleasantly nice and quiet, I love to use their app to watch movies and listening to music on board! Friendly staff, and complementary drinks are always available. And I truly glad they’ll allow Carry-On on the economic fares ¡well done!
Elizabeth M.
Sweet Springs, mo
I've flown with america airlines several times, I think that there flight attendants can be a bit rude and snip at you when you ask questions and they feel they are too busy to deal with anything you have to say. There has been maybe a couple of times they were accommodating but not often.
Malorie H.
Iowa City, IA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I like American Airlines a lot. their flight attendants are very friendly and helpful, they give drinks and I think they don't do free snacks anymore either. They have good rules regarding carry ons and make it easy to meet so you don't have to pay a crap ton for your bag each time!
Christina T.
Las Vegas
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
American Airlines is alright.  Their stewards/stewardesses are not the most friendly people and they don't seem happy to be there.  I've never had a flight cancelled with AA.  I do feel like their baggage fees are steep.  $50 for none AA rewards members.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?