American Airlines Airline Company
3.93 / 5 based on 19,905 Reviews
Top Questions See all 745 Q&A
American Airlines Airline Company
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
American Airlines is pretty good standard airline. I prefer Delta or JetBlue but American Airlines has more flights. I have run into delays but that can be expected on most airlines. Generally American is a fair bet, I have flow American more over than any other airline.
The flight on American Airlines was cheap and I had no real high expectations. The seat was a little cramped but not as bad as other ultra-low cost carriers like Spirit. I make a point not to fly American that often because they don't have many nonstops coming out of SAN.
American Airlines gate agents are some of the rudest, most unhelpful people I’ve ever met. After a delay, they couldn’t tell if my connecting flight had been rebooked, when it was a part of their itinerary! Delays, unprofessional behavior, all in all I will never ever fly them.
I have used American Airlines since I was a kid. I have flown with my family, just my brother and by myself. I’ve never had any issues with the flights and I’m still here so they got where they were going. The crew has always been kind and helpful. I would fly with them again!
I love flying American. We just got home yesterday. The only thing we would love to see is more personal choice entertainment. Both of our flights, this week had the drop down tv. I love watching movies on my flights!
In June 2018, it was my first time flying american airlines. My experience with them was much better than i expected. I had to change planes twice which was fine. The flight attendants and captain were very friendly and the plane was clean. It would definitely recommend them
Run-of-the mill airline just like the majority of them these days. Decent customer service, as service goes and, like the majority of airlines today, seats are small, uncomfortable, don’t offer blankets nor pillows, though carry-ones are limited & there is a charge for everything.
They will almost ALWAYS have the cheapest flights (besides spirit), but their lack of customer service is where you pay. If it’s your only option or you really need to save the dollars, it’ll do, but if you don’t mind looking elsewhere, Southwest is SO worth it!! Or JetBlue!
I only flew with AA once or twice, but overall it was a good experience! They have snacks & a good selection of drinks. Definitely recommend if you are thinking of flying. ☺
This is a reliable airline. Their customer service is adequate. The planes themselves are not that well cared for and the seats are SUPER close together limiting your foot room. Even though I'm very short it's super uncomfortable but that seems to be the trend on all airlines these days.
Q & A
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
What are your other favorite airlines?
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
When is the best time to fly?
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos