BY AMERICAN AIRLINES #4 in Airlines

• Where have you traveled to in the past year? 🌏 American A...11 Answers
Reviews (19963)
Abby M.
Tarrytown, NY
I cannot STAND American Airlines. They’re always horribly behind schedule; once to the point where I sat in JFK airport for 22 hours with my luggage for my flight because they “couldn’t find” the plane. By the time they located it, it wasn’t legal for the pilot to fly anymore. HORRENDOUS. I’ll probably never fly American again unless there’s absolutely no other option.
Michelle M.
Neshanic Sta, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My most recent experience with American was nothing short of amazing. Firstly, it seems like after acquiring US Airways, American Airlines has upgraded their planes with brand new seats. This came with much more legroom, making me super happy.
Second, their inflight service is great, and their flight attendants are very friendly, helpful, and super kind to their passengers. My boyfriend who was sitting in the front of the plane mentioned to the flight attendant that I was having a bad week and wanted to buy me a drink. At the end of the flight when we still weren’t charged for the drink, we learned that the flight attendant gave it to us for free! I just thought that was so thoughtful, and just made the experience so much better.
Christina B.
Scotts Hill, TN
Flew to Denver spent a couple of days, then flew to Vegas. We then flew back with them as well. Everything went great. Only issue we had was we had a layover in Denver on our way home and it was delayed. It was storming that night and the pilot was uncomfortable flying the plane until the issue was fixed. I was happy to wait to know the pilot wanted to be safe and take care of us. My boyfriend is terrified of flying but our first pilot did such an amazing job on takeoff and throughout the flight that he got a lot more laid back on the next flights. We had no issues with luggage or anything. And you get a carry on and a personal item (purse or backpack) for free. Our checked bag which just barely made the 50 pound limit was $75.
Ariella A.
howell
I love American Airlines. Every time I’ve flown American it’s been smooth sailing. I am a member of the aaadvantage club so I get to use the admirals club which is amazing the food spread is great, they have couches and chairs to rest during connecting flights or even if you get there early for a flight. If your flying, fly American it’s worth the extra couple bucks.
Ariana J.
Apopka, FL
American Airlines are okay I guess, the food is really not that great. The seats are uncomfortable and very close together. But the flight attendants are very nice. The few times I few with them the entertainment systems were not working and I was on a very long flight. My flight to Hawaii had no entertainment systems so that was 6 hours of boredom and not comfort.
Savannah B.
Richmond, VA
I've had far too many negative experiences with American Airlines to ever even purchase a ticket from them ever again. I have had ridiculous delays for no reason and horrible management from the staff there for about THREE YEARS STRAIGHT. After the amount of times I flew with them, there is clearly a problem within the company, not just a few bad experiences.
Gabbi M.
Long Grove, IL
This is a great airline. I was coming back from a cruise and waited at the airport for hours before my flight, and the AA ladies at the gate had such good customer service! After having a bad experience with Frontier airlines flying to Miami, the good customer service AA provided was very refreshing. The staff let us board early, and even gave us free checked bags.
Briana R.
Irondequoit, NY
No delays, free snacks and drink, decent amount of room in your seat so I was very happy with my experience with American Airlines and would definitely choose to fly with them again. I will say the flight attendants did not look happy on any of my 4 flights I took last trip but that was the least of my concerns travelling internationally alone for the first time.
Kim G.
I purchased a one way ticket online & realized it was not for the correct date. I immediately cancelled the flight. I received the cancellation notification & to my surprise, I was still charged for the flight. I called American Airlines & spoke with a customer service representative about the issue, explaining that I booked a flight for the wrong date (a day later than needed) & that I cancelled immediately (less than 10 minutes after booking). I was told that the only thing that could be done about it was that I could pay $200 to have the flight date changed, on top of the $130 I already spent on the ticket. They were not sympathetic or understanding at all & ultimately I was out $130 for a cancelled flight.
Andy S.
winter haven
I flew this airline the whole time I was with the USAF and Depth of State. I had 700,000 + miles with them. They then expired all but 50,000 miles and started charging me baggage fees. AA flies almost anywhere you want to go, but if you fly with them you will be sorry you are there. I do have a choice of airlines and I now choose ANYONE else.
Crystal C.
Where have you travelled to with American Airlines?
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
What are your other favorite airlines?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Is this a good airline? Do they ever offer any deals?
Marissa V.
When is the best time to fly?
Miranda C.
Richmond , BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone used enough miles to get a free trip yet?