American Airlines Airline Company
Top Questions See all 741 Q&A
- "They lost our luggage, both flights were delayed, customer service was horrible and nobody wanted to help us try and get on a different flight." in 66 reviews
- "My family and I fly American Airlines out if Newark New Jersey often.There miles profeam is great and we always enjoy the attentive flight attendants" in 55 reviews
- "They are the last airline to keep decent meals in first class and I think they are reluctant to reduce their service as quickly as other mainline carriers." in 22 reviews
- "The attendants seemed helpful, but, but the flight overall was slightly uncomfortable due to a cramped space and little leg room. " in 21 reviews
- "While I will admit that I've been on more luxurious planes, I love the availability that AA offers with other One World Alliance members and the ability to rack up points for frequent flyers." in 16 reviews
On our regional flight, family boarding was not offered even though we were obviously sitting at the gate with a large carseat. When our boarding group was announced, the gate agent automatically assumed we wanted to gate check the carseat (which we did not) and I had to struggle to get it installed quickly on a small aircraft while other people were trying to file into their seats. On our return regional flight we opted to check the carseat as it had proven too cumbersome. When my toddler was seated the attendent came and asked if my daughter had her own ticket (which she did). This seemed odd since I'd think it would be noted there were no infant in arms onboard, and even so the flight was not full.
Our transatlantic flight went much better (aside from my daughter not sleeping in her carseat as planned. Not the airline's fault...). We were given at least 2 meals on each flight which were relatively yummy and healthy and even my daughter ate some of them. Wine and beer were also included on these flights. When my daughter was having trouble falling asleep the attendents were more than helpful, offering their galley floor for diaper changes, offering warm milk for her, and being very supportive when I was worried about her disturbing the other passengers (and them when she kept pushing the attendent call button).
Overall our experience was positive, although they could stand to be a little more family friendly. We were 2 on 1 with my daughter so not having family boarding wasn't as much of an issue as it would be if we were outmanned.
I have flown American many times and this is my only complaint.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos