BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #25 in Books

Amelia Bedelia is in bright, full color! Now available for the first time as an I Can Read Book, this ever-popular story has a fresh look that fans -- old and new -- will celebrate. Ever since Amelia Bedelia made her debut almost thirty years ago, young readers have been laughing out loud at the antics of this literal-minded but charming housekeeper who never fails to confound the Rogers family. After all, who knows better than Amelia Bedelia what "dust the furniture" and "dress a chicken" really mean! Peggy Parish's simple and hilarious story is a classic that children will enjoy again and again. see more...

• What's your favorite mix up that you remember Amelia ever having?2 Answers
  • who all read these growing up? lol5 Answers
  • I loved these books when I was younger does anyone know a place tha...7 Answers
Buy on Target
  • "I remember reading these as a class when I was in elementry and I'd always laugh through this story because of how funny it was." in 8 reviews
Mary P.
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
I LOVED these books when I was younger! Amelia Bedelia gets herself in trouble with all of the things she takes literally (like spreading dust all over the house when they tell her to "dust the furniture") , but she always makes up for it in the end and everyone has a good laugh. Fantastic book for young readers!
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Albuquerque, NM
I grew up with the series as a child and loved the stories and books. I found myself looking for them at the local book store for my nieces and low and behold there they were!! The new ones are so beautiful, stories are still classic. I found myself buying a few and reading them when I got home lol ♡♡
Kendra H.
Kendra H.
These books are my mom's favorite. These books are the best because they are so different from any other book that I know. These are so funny and I sometimes feel like you have to be older to understand what is actually going on in the book. I still personally read them and I'm in college.
Heidi N.
Heidi N.
Grapevine, TX
Love Amelia Bedelia! She is funny and kind, and just an all-around great character! These were some of my favorite books to use when teaching multiple meaning words to my second and third graders. Students were always engaged and the stories provided for great discussion.
Kaitlyn A.
Kaitlyn A.
Ames, IA
This is one of those classic books that teachers read in elementary school. All of the books in this series are fun and great for children. I plan on purchasing these for my daughter as she gets a little older and can truly enjoy them herself. Definitely a must read.
Gretel B.
Gretel B.
Spanish Fork, UT
I've only read this one but have heard they are all great! It's funny and witty. Probably for a bit older kids if you want them to understand but still a great option if you just want to get some reading time in that won't bore you as you read to your baby!
Nadia D.
Nadia D.
I've loved this book since I was really young. It is very funny. I would recommend this book to young children. The illustrations are amazing. The author is great. I have read many Amelia Bedelia books. The book is great for the price! Outstanding BOOK!
Kaitlyn V.
Kaitlyn V.
Buffalo, NY
These books are my favorite when I was younger, I think this is the first chapter book series that I learned to read. They are very funny, and encourage imagination kids. They are for girls as well as for boys, and there are so many books in the series!
Giselle B.
Giselle B.
Pembroke Pines, FL
I didn't get to read any of these when I was in the right age group to do so, but I discovered them as a summer camp counselor and read them to my group kids. They loved all of them. It's a hilarious series and the accompanying pictures are just as fun.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
One of my absolute favorite childrens' books when I was growing up. They're exceptionally silly. However, they are also extremely funny when you think about the silliness. Still one of my favorite childrens books to revisit from time to time.
Jaymee J.
Jaymee J.
Visalia, CA
Who remembers reading these when they were a kid?
Shelby B.
Shelby B.
Shoreline, WA
What's the best age group for these books? Reading level?
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I loved these books when I was younger does anyone know a place that sells them so I can get them for my daughter to enjoy them just as much as I did
Dee J.
Dee J.
who all read these growing up? lol
Nelly l.
Nelly l.
Corsicana, TX
Puedo encontrar este libro en espanol?