Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump

by Ameda

Whether mom is returning to work or wants a fast and easy pumping experience, the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Double Electric Breast Pump designed for daily use, is the ideal pump. The Purely Yours Ultra comes with our lightweight and stylish Dottie Tote to discreetly carry your pump and other accessories. The Dottie Tote is made from premium easy-to-clean fabric, has an outside zipper pocket to hold a cellphone and an interior pocket to keep small pump parts handy. This comes with additional bottles and a Cool’N Carry™ tote to store and keep milk cool when away from home.

• Proven Airlock Protection™ barrier helps protect milk while keeping pump tubing dry and clean. No need to clean tubing.
  • CustomControl™ empowers moms to more closely mimic their baby’s nursing rhythm. Moms have complete control
    of their cycle, both suction and speed, to select the best levels for their milk flow and comfort.
  • 2 built-in bottle holders.
  • 1-year warranty.
  • BPA-free and DEHP-free
  • Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump
  • Dottie Tote
  • AC Power Adapter
  • Dual HygieniKit® Milk Collection System includes: (2) 25.0 mm CustomFit™ Flanges, (2) valves
  • CustomFit™ Breast Flanges, (2) 30.5 mm Flanges and (2) 28.5 mm Reducing Inserts
  • Cool‘N Carry™ Tote: (1) insulated carry bag, (4) 4 oz. bottles with lock-tight lids, (3) cooling elements, Milk Storage Guidelines card
  • NoShow Premium™ Disposable Nursing Pads 2 pk Sample
  • Store‘N Pour™ Milk Storage Bags 2 pk Sample
  • Instructions for Use

How much does this pump cost?
How well did this work for you mommies? I just received one at a baby shower but have noticed it hasn't gotten the best reviews on Amazon and other websites. Feel free to list the pros and cons.. the more info, the better 😀
We recently purchased this set. We are 6 weeks away from our little one being here with us and I'm curious, what should I order extra of from the ameda set? Should I order more freezer bags-how many? Breast pads?
Start your review of Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I ended up rigging the pump with a different pump kit and it worked great after that.” in reviews
“I think this is a great pump, I had to use it very early on because my son would not want to latch on as soon as we got home from the hospital, so this pump really helped me keep my milk supply up which was my number one worry at the time.” in reviews
“I used a hospital grade pump while my son was in the NICU and went to this pump after going home.” in reviews
“I still believe that ameda parts are the best pump accessories out there and even though I have a new pump, I still use my old ameda parts.” in reviews
Antioch , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I got this breast pump free though my insurance. It did what is was supposed to do. It is kinda loud. Also having to manually set the pace of suction as well as how hard to suck. There also isn’t numbers so guessing game everytime you use it on where you had it last time. However once you get the hang of it, this breast pump is fairly easy to use.
N Hollywood, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I was disappointed with how you turn the pump on. I feel as though a button is the ideal way to start it versus turning a dial because my hands are already full.
Mchenry
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This is my favorite pump. It has different sizes to fit to any mama and the controls are unique yet not overly complicated. Pumping is hard enough. You don’t need to feel like you are defusing a bomb when pumping. The only downside is I feel like the parts can wear out, but what product doesn’t? Keep your parts clean and new and this pump will do you wonders!
Conway, SC
Pumping is not really a fun time in my opinion, however this pump makes it much easier and more bearable. I feel like using this pump is pretty comfortable as well. All of the pieces are easy to clean and also easy to get more parts for.
Goodyear, AZ
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I’ve had this breast pump for two years now and have used it with both of my boys. It is a good breast pump, but like many breast pumps, it can be a bit bulky. It gets the job done well for sure but can be a bit bothersome to hook yourself up to each time. It does have the option though to only hook up one pump in case you want to pump on one side. All in all, it has been a reliable and well working pump.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love this pump! It's more efficient than other ones I've used. It is also one of the quietest. It's small, lightweight, and comfortable. The bag makes it super easy to carry anywhere, and the plug in versus battery option makes is so you can use it anywhere as well.
Woonsocket, RI
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
It’s not my favorite pump but it can be useful. I found that I didn’t pump as much with Ameda over spectra. However that is subjective. I did use it for a month or two before switching. The suction can be very powerful. The rhythm just isn’t for me.
Clay city , KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This breast pump worked pretty good! It definitely got the job done. It is not as good of a pump as the medela I own, but it worked. I would recommend this pump if you’re not looking to spend much on one.
Bonifay
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This pump just ok to me. The suction is not that great and it seem to have to many parts to put together to use. I do like the option of different sizes to use but the as a whole could use some modifications.
Greenville, SC
I got this pump as a secondary pump to keep at home.  I really didn't have high expectations from it, but I have been pleasantly surprised.  It comes with a ton of accessories and I love the way the adaptor connects to the shield through the top.  I think It makes it easier to get on and off and not have to worry about screwing bottles loose or sloshing milk around on you post pump.  The parts are all easy to clean and come with many replacement parts.  The only thing I do not love about this pump is the bottle sizes are only 4 ounces.  I use this pump first thing in the morning and always pump over 4 ounces and end up having to either switch the bottle out halfway through or going to the very top of the bottle and filling it way too full.  But overall great pump and light and compact.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...