Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump

by Ameda

Whether mom is returning to work or wants a fast and easy pumping experience, the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Double Electric Breast Pump designed for daily use, is the ideal pump. The Purely Yours Ultra comes with our lightweight and stylish Dottie Tote to discreetly carry your pump and other accessories. The Dottie Tote is made from premium easy-to-clean fabric, has an outside zipper pocket to hold a cellphone and an interior pocket to keep small pump parts handy. This comes with additional bottles and a Cool’N Carry™ tote to store and keep milk cool when away from home.

• Proven Airlock Protection™ barrier helps protect milk while keeping pump tubing dry and clean. No need to clean tubing.
  • CustomControl™ empowers moms to more closely mimic their baby’s nursing rhythm. Moms have complete control
    of their cycle, both suction and speed, to select the best levels for their milk flow and comfort.
  • 2 built-in bottle holders.
  • 1-year warranty.
  • BPA-free and DEHP-free
  • Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump
  • Dottie Tote
  • AC Power Adapter
  • Dual HygieniKit® Milk Collection System includes: (2) 25.0 mm CustomFit™ Flanges, (2) valves
  • CustomFit™ Breast Flanges, (2) 30.5 mm Flanges and (2) 28.5 mm Reducing Inserts
  • Cool‘N Carry™ Tote: (1) insulated carry bag, (4) 4 oz. bottles with lock-tight lids, (3) cooling elements, Milk Storage Guidelines card
  • NoShow Premium™ Disposable Nursing Pads 2 pk Sample
  • Store‘N Pour™ Milk Storage Bags 2 pk Sample
  • Instructions for Use

How much does this pump cost?
How well did this work for you mommies? I just received one at a baby shower but have noticed it hasn't gotten the best reviews on Amazon and other websites. Feel free to list the pros and cons.. the more info, the better 😀
We recently purchased this set. We are 6 weeks away from our little one being here with us and I'm curious, what should I order extra of from the ameda set? Should I order more freezer bags-how many? Breast pads?
Start your review of Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I ended up rigging the pump with a different pump kit and it worked great after that.” in reviews
“I think this is a great pump, I had to use it very early on because my son would not want to latch on as soon as we got home from the hospital, so this pump really helped me keep my milk supply up which was my number one worry at the time.” in reviews
“I used a hospital grade pump while my son was in the NICU and went to this pump after going home.” in reviews
“I still believe that ameda parts are the best pump accessories out there and even though I have a new pump, I still use my old ameda parts.” in reviews
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I don't have much to compare this too but I'm not very satisfied with this pump. I've heard that it just doesn't have the suction power of other pumps and based on my milk output I'd say that is true. I wouldn't get this pump again noe would I recommend it to anyone. However I did really appreciate that it came with 6 storage bottles, a cooler bag and 3 ice packs, along with a nice carrying purse, also a variety of flanges. I believe it does have the best accessories. And the help line representative that I spoke with was very nice, patient and helpful.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Since my son had sone issues when he was born, I didn't get to do the skin to sink right away. It was some 5 hours after birth before either of us were able to move to see each other. The hospital gave him a paci in the mean time. Not sure if that is why he refuses the nipple or not. He will latch with a nipple shield but only for a short time. So I exclusively pump for him. I love how easy it is to set up and to take with me to work or wherever I go. Love how it had the wall plug, car plug, and batteries. I'll never be in a situation where I can't pump. And the bag it comes in is super cute and can be used when I no longer use the pump. Only one issue I had is the car charger broke after the first use. Other than that it is awesome.
Pascoag, RI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
The first time I used this, I was in tears. It was less than a week after having my baby, and after using the hospital grade Ameda pump it was like having someone rip your nipples off your body. After the initial painful stage of starting to breastfeed, this was not a bad pump. Fairly comfortable and did it's job. I honestly thought my manual pump worked better. I got this from a friend who only used it once so I didn't buy mine. Next time, I'll probably just rent a hospital grade pump to use while I breastfeed just for the sheer comfort of it.
Ocean Springs, MS
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Received free through my insurance. It is rather loud when using but it does its job. Easy to take apart and put together for cleaning. I loved the storage bag that came with it.
Toms River, NJ
I had a very hard time with this pump. I received it for free from my insurance company. I had to get new parts shipped to me several times because the valves would not work correctly. The seal is very poor and so I would not get a good amount of milk with each pump. It took forever to get a let down and get the milk flowing. Then I received the Medella pump from a friend to borrow. Once I used that pump I realized how much more milk I was able to pump and it was a huge difference. The time I saved by switching pumps was a huge help, it took half the time to pump and double the milk with Medella. So I could never recommend this pump with all the problems I encountered.
Penndel, PA
I think this is a great pump, I had to use it very early on because my son would not want to latch on as soon as we got home from the hospital, so this pump really helped me keep my milk supply up which was my number one worry at the time. I have used this pump for five months now and don't have any issues with it. Very easy to use, even easier to clean, absolutely love it!
Sumter, SC
I loved this pump. So glad it was the one i picked out. The say i went into labor is the day this bas boy arrived. And since my son was a nicu patienr his first week of being born and i was an emergency c section. I didn't get the chance to nurse. Luckily, i remembered to start pumping. It felt comfortable for me, it wasn't too complicated ans cleaning it was super super easy
Temple Terr, FL
LOVE my ameda!!! This was the first breast pump I ever purchased. It lasted me over a year before it started to lose suction. I still believe that ameda parts are the best pump accessories out there and even though I have a new pump, I still use my old ameda parts. They are the easiest to clean, most sturdy, and have fewer parts in general.
Pace, FL
My son was tongue tied when he was born and never could latch. I decided to just exclusively pump. I managed to exclusively pump with my Ameda for 7 months! It worked great! It was quick and efficient. It's easy to set up, use, and keep clean. I recommend it to anyone looking for a sturdy pump at a good price.
San jose , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I'm a first time mom and I was having so much trouble breastfeeding my son cause he was tongue tied & my nipples were on the short side so I had to pump for the time bring well I tried with a manual pump & it didn't work ! I bought this pump & it helped do much ! I'm glad I got it (:
Ask a question to the Influenster community...